Friday, May 10, 2013

5 Friday Fragments (life, blogs, baseball, trash)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Not Working

I get so tired of things not working! I'm doing a rant about this and will list all 7 things on Tuesday. (Maybe by then, I'll even have more!)  I did get my car mirror fixed, no more duct tape there!

Newly Discovered Blogs

This week through the Camera Critters hop I found Farm Life at Its Best by a 14-yr. old blogger in Wisconsin. The cute cat and kitten pictures got me hooked, plus I love to support teens who blog.

Another two I found through the Aww Mondays blog hop is (1) Two Shoes in Texas, a Christian blogger with four cats that seems to write on similar topics as I do; and (2) My Little Corner of the World, another Christian blogger who is a nurse at a long-term care center.

Featured

When I linked up my Vlog post for Mama Kat's Almost World Famous Vlogging Workshop this week, I saw she featured my April Favorites video from last week! What a nice surprise! Thanks, Mama Kat!

Baseball

We are both happy the Indians and Red Sox are doing well! Gerard is also enjoying watching the hockey playoffs! Go Bruins!

Signs

The quote of the week by Gerard: "Who would have thought the day would come when we have to make a sign for a garbage can?"  With the new garbage cans, we still get to use our old cans for yard waste, but have to mark the can.  The trucks are very cool though.  It has arms that reach out, hug the can, lift it and dump it in the truck without anyone having to get out--unless there is a parked car in front of the cans.  Then the guy still has to get out of the truck to get those.

Share this:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on Mama Kat highlighting your vlogging video! I sometimes join in on her writing workshop. Stopping by from the blog hop. Enjoy your weekend!

Joyce said...

Congrats on having your video featured! I'm a fan of the Phila teams...it has not been a great year (or two) to be a Phila fan in football, baseball, or hockey!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I hate it when things don't work! That's enough to rant about indeed!

Congratulations on your videos being featured!

It's a whole new world in garbage cans isn't it? I get confused sometimes!

BeadedTail said...

Congrats on your video being featured!

If our garbage guys have to get out of the truck for any reason they are NOT happy about it and don't try to hide their frustration in any way! It's pretty crazy but I suppose it would slow down their day if they have to get out very often.

HH and The Boys said...

Just stopping by to wish you a great weekend.

hugs, Bugsy and Knuckles

Sandee said...

I hear you about the things not working. It was the dryer, then the boat and there have been other things too. I hate it when things just quit working.

You really are new to the garbage pick ups aren't you. We've had these kind of trucks for years. I'm guessing you live in the city so that's new to the city.

I love Josie Two Shoes too. She's an awesome lady.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Stacy Uncorked said...

Having things that don't work is definitely subject to a rant! :)

Congrats on your video being featured!

I feel sorry for the dudes who have to lift our garbage cans, especially when they're particularly heavy with all the purging I'm doing right now. ;)

Orphan Black Phenomenon, Princess Nagger’s Artistic Mad Skillz, Office Supply Art Fun

Kay said...

Oh I love Mama M!!! She is a favorite of mine for a long time. So glad you bumped into her.

Ugh for things breaking :-( I really hope things stick together for you!!!!

I would happily support teen bloggers, but I feel nervous about that also. There are some ugly people out there who I don't trust. But yay for finding a fellow blogger like yourself. Isn't that fun??

I hope Abby remind the other critters to wish you a happy Fur-Mother's Day!!

Unknown said...

Hmm. Marking trash cans for specific purposes. That's a new one for me. I don't own one for the curb because they would be stolen in a heartbeat here. I have a metal post bolted into the sidewalk and a metal basket welded on top to hold the trash.

Lin said...

Not only do I get crabilated with things that don't work...I'm on a rant about people that don't work. Have you noticed the prevalence of businesses that are "do-it-yourself" lately? Mainly frozen yogurt places. UGH!! What is going on???!

Post a Comment