Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Most Freqent Sites (Writer's Workshop)

Spunky Doodle and Karen at Computer Oct. 2006


There were basically only three websites I frequented when I first got a home computer back in 2006. Two I still use, but only one regularly anymore. Here they are:

Pogo.com
This is a game site where you can play for free or become a member to have access to more games and bigger prizes. I never won anything on there yet but enjoy playing a variety of games. I also like learning some new games by playing against robots or chatting with the people I play with. I still go on once in awhile, but no where near as often as I used to. This was my favorite site and even bought a t-shirt with "POGO" on the the front. (This was my favorite for a long time.)

Viewbug.com
This is a site where you can load pictures and look at everyone else's too. You can leave comments and enter photography contests. I loaded some pictures but not a whole lot and soon lost interest in it. I found it to be hard to navigate and I never really figured out exactly how everything worked.

Shelfari.com
I loved this site because I liked that I could keep track of all the books I read and liked that it displayed pictures of the covers on a shelf. When I first found this site, I also actively participated in discussion forums but don't do that so much anymore. I do still add books as I finish them (742) and also add my husband's books for him too. You can find friends on there and share book recommendations with other readers if you wish.

So, there you have it. These three sites used to keep me pretty busy.  I did not start blogging until fall of 2007.

I am using Mama Kat's Writing Workshop prompt: When you first discovered the internet, what sites did you frequent most?  Follow the link to join in.  I also used the prompt:  "Describe a talent or flaw that seems to be in your genes" on My Funny Dad, Harry blog.

Share this:

8 comments:

Dominique Goh said...

Those were the days.. I still remember shelfari but I don't use it to record my books.

Lin said...

I mostly blog hop now and don't visit many sites anymore. Does FB count as a site? I'm there, but I don't really like it too much.

MommyLisa said...

Wow - I never heard of those websites.

The Mommy Mambo said...

Ya, what she said. Never heard of any of them? There really are gazillions of pages out there I'll never visit, I'm sure.

Sandee said...

I've only heard of the last one and I don't use it.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Carol said...

I remember Shelfari! I always loved the cute bookshelf-themed widget you could put in your blog sidebar.

Madamdreamweaver said...

Nice list. I honestly don't remember any "first" internet hangouts.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Dominique: I like Shelfari but we're also on Goodreads too.

Lin: For sure Facebook counts!

Mommy Lisa and The Mommy Mambo: I'm sure you frequent some I've never heard of too.

Sandee: You might enjoy Pogo since you like playing games. You should check it out.

Carol: Yes! I have it at the bottom of our book blog at Grab a Book From Our Stack.

B. Nickerson: Really?

Post a Comment