Thursday, April 25, 2013

What Makes a Great Night? (Writer's Workshop)


I am talking about sleep here, not a night out. Some may think a great night is when we sleep soundly all through without waking up and have pleasant dreams. For me, that's very good, but not great.

Last night I had a great night's sleep! Yes, I slept well, dreamed of playing softball which I always enjoyed doing and felt some whiskers against my face. My cat, Spunky Doodle, came by to visit me.   She kneeds the pillow and walks around a bit.

I love when she comes to visit me during the night!  Lately, she has been coming on the bed and lying next to me, letting me pet her real nice for the whole night!. Her fur is so soft and she just lays there still, letting me pet her. She settles in against me and I doze off with my hand on her. She used to stay about an hour, but lately she's been staying the whole night! I don't mind it at all. She doesn't come every night, at least I don't wake up every night, but when she does, it really makes me happy!   Manny has been coming every night too, sleeping either on my legs, between my legs or next to my legs.  Sometimes I get trapped and can't move without disturbing them, but fortunately, this is rare.
Sometimes she'll even sit up and pet me too!

Pleasant Dreams!
This is one of my favorite things!

Joining Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop:  Write a post inspired by the word "night."

Share this:

8 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

We now shut our door to keep the cat out at night. She has this annoying habit of sneezing on faces - yuck. I'm happy to hold her and pet her when I'm awake, but keep your sneezing away from my face!

Sandee said...

I so remember this. Before I was highly allergic to cats they would sleep with me too. I liked is just as much as you do.

Have a terrific day. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Teresa said...

My "fluffies" bring much joy to me. Our little Pomeranian/Terrier dog follows me around all day and insists on sleeping at our feet. Our orange cat comes and goes throughout the night so we have to leave the bedroom door opened a crack or he cries and cries until we open it. We have a 20 year old son who still lives at home while attending university, so I don't like to leave the door open. My request for a cat door created in our bedroom door is "on the list" but so is my son's getting his own place!

Peabea Scribbles said...

Have not visited you in ages so thought I should stop by. Miss my cats; they had to leave. Wish they could stay forever. My new furbaby is a dog. He's year and half. He cuddles, but there's nothing like an independent cat to cuddle with because they cuddle and stroke you, whereas this furbaby wants me to do all the petting. haha. ~hugs~ and glad to see you're still blogging.

BeadedTail said...

Spunky Doodle is very sweet to snuggle with you at night! Isabella holds down her daddy all night long and Angel lays next to me under the covers. I love the feel of kitty fur and the sound of her purr! When it gets warmer she won't do this anymore so I'm enjoying it while it lasts even if it means she wakes me up several times a night for me to lift up the covers.

Madamdreamweaver said...

Great post. Our cat comes in everynight to lay on my chest for love, ear-massaging and belly-rubbing for at least 15 mintues before she gets up and settles behind my husbands knees.
Cats are great.

Lin said...

Aw, that's sweet that she'll sleep with you! Grace will come by for a few minutes of petting, but soon jumps down to sleep on the chair in our room. Hobbes sleeps in the family room in his basket, but he loves to come in and sleep with us in the wee hours of the morning.

I just wish I had more room for all of us in the bed. Maybe I can get Joe to find another bed so I have room for the kitties! Hahaha!

KatBouska said...

So sweet. I love snuggly pets!

Post a Comment