Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Sharing: A Life Transformed

This week for my scripture highlight, I chose Acts 9:22-23 which says:
(22) Saul preached with such power that the completely confused the Jewish People in Damascus, as he tried to show them that Jesus is the Messiah. (33) Later some of them made plans to kill Saul.
Saul is a great example of a transformed life after a personal encounter with Jesus.  He was a well educated Jew on his way to Damascus to persecute the Christians who went there after fleeing Jerusalem because of all the persecution.  In his mind, he was doing what God wanted.  But then, on the way Jesus spoke to him from above and he was blind for three days.  God prepared another believer, Ananias, to restore his sight and Saul's sight was restored, he received the Holy Ghost and was baptized.  His life changed 180 degrees as my chosen verses of the week show.  I find it absolutely amazing and also encouraging that Jesus can make such a huge difference in one's life. 

Not only did he become a Christian, but he also preached about Jesus being the Messiah everywhere he went and wrote letters to the believers at the cities he visited which became New Testament books!  Even his name was changed to Paul. In fact, he wrote the following to the Corinthians:

Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:  old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new. (I Corinthians 5:17 KJV).
When I repented of my sin and trusted Jesus as my Savior at age 7 or 8, I did not have a terrible past with a lot of major sin, but I was guilty just the same and needed a Savior so my sins could be forgiven.  I asked Jesus to be my Savior and forgive me which he did according to His word.  Ever since, my thinking was changed and I sought to please God and live in obedience to His word as I yield my will to His.  I am very happy to have come to know Jesus as my Savior at an early age and consequently, He has kept me from lots of problems and heartache that are pretty common for many people.

Feel free to share in the comments about a scripture highlight you came across this week or share your thoughts about this post.  If you are a "new creature" I'd love to hear about when that happened in your life.

Share this:

1 comments:

Sandee said...

Have a terrific Sunday. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Post a Comment