Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Sharing: Job, The Perfect Example

Last week I was reading in Acts and Job so have chosen a highlight from Job 31 to share with you. If you are unfamiliar, with Job, he was a well respected, wealthy upright man in the Old Testament who suffered greatly because God gave Satan permission to test his faith. His friends all told him he was sick and suffered so much loss because he sinned and needed to repent. Job knew this was not the case and answered them with these words:

God sees my ways and He counts every step I take. I have not been a dishonest person. I have not lied to others. Let God weigh me on honest scales. Then He will know I have done nothing wrong. Job 31:4-6 (ICB)
Then Job proceeds to list all the good things he has done.  He did not let his friends make him doubt.  He was confident that his deeds were pleasing to God.

We all know that bad things do happen to good people and Job is a good example of this. Job did not worship God because of all the good things God gave him like Satan accused him of doing. He worshiped God because He is the almighty God, creator of the universe and everything in it! His ways are so much higher than our ways and His love and compassion so much deeper! He is alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end! He lived a righteous life, even when he lost everything and was physically sick. Job questioned God but did not blame God.

I ask myself, am I living a life like Job: doing those things that God wants no matter what my circumstances? 

Share in comments a highlight from scripture you came across this week or feel free to share your thoughts about this post.

Share this:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is in truth how you are now not actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you might be right now. You're
so intelligent. You recognize thus considerably with
regards to this matter, made me personally imagine it from a lot of various angles.
Its like women and men are not fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with
Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. At all times handle it up!


my page ... golden retriever lab mix puppy

Post a Comment