Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Mischief: Abby's Fun Adventure

This is Snow Road Park  where I ran.
Hearing about the lost doggie in our neighborhood saddened me very much, but also reminded me of a very fun adventure I had on August 8 of 2009, shortly after moving in with Karen and Gerard  which I thought I would tell you all about today for Monday Mischief.

Saturdays are always good for me.  I was up early with Gerard and went on two walks in the neighborhood even before Karen had breakfast!  Then, we all went to the Metropark nearby.  I recognized the trees along the park road and got very excited!  At first, things started out a bit slow because Karen kept making me wait so I would not pull on the leash, but then I got the hang of it and since I was doing so well, we crossed the main road and continued on the next section.  Now here comes the best part of all!

We went over to a bench to take a little rest and everything was very nice.  Karen was holding the leash, but all of a sudden, like magic, it just came off so off I went!  Can you really blame me?  After all, I never get to run free in the city and the park was so big and beautiful, so much to explore!  I ran and ran and ran down the road and out into the wide open grass.  It was so much fun!!!!

I heard Karen and Gerard calling me to come, but I was having way too much fun and they sounded kind of upset too.  I took off around the bend and had ran free like a wolf!  After a little while, I turned around and headed back to a nice guy who was working on the shelter.  I stayed with him until Karen and Gerard caught up to me.  Then I stayed with Gerard while Karen went back to get the car because they did not trust my leash anymore.


Before my training class at PetSmart, the trainer helped us pick out a brand new red collar and a new red leash that is thicker than my old one.  In our class that day, we worked on the "come" command.  I did really good in class with it!  I even won the challenge against Odot because I came and sat before she did.  I love competition and getting those treats!  Killer and Chewy were both friendlier to me.  We got to walk a lot and I ate some of Killer's treats that were just laying on the stool.  I am a treat thief--ha ha!  Everyone thought it was funny except Killer who was a very small scared dog with lots of issues.  I was not afraid of him at all.

This was the biggest mischief day I ever had in my life and will never forget how much fun it was!   

(This story is on page 32 of the book Karen helped me write using Blurb as a surprise for my dad on Father's DayAbby Finds A Good Home!  From Death Row to Adoption.

Joining up with Monday Mischief.

Share this:

8 comments:

Talking-Dogs said...

Fun for you, maybe, but not so much your humans! ;-)

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Hey Buddy,

That must have been really scary for your humans! Glad you didn't get lost! :)

Wags to all,

Your pal Snoopy :)

Sandee said...

It may have been fun for you Abby, but it wasn't fun for your mom and dad. I know that feeling of horror. All too well. I'm glad things turned out well though.

Have a woof woof day. My best to your parents. ☺

Sheltie Times said...

Sounds like you gave them a big scare.

Sparkle said...

I can only imagine that much fun!

BeadedTail said...

That does sound like a lot of fun Abby! Our sisfur Sadie got out of our yard once when Daddy left the gate open and she went on her normal walk route so was easy to find. She never ran off so came back when Daddy called her so Daddy was the only one to get in trouble. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

バーバリーは男性女の子と小さなもののための製品の広範な範囲を提供しています

Also visit my page - バーバリー 服

Jessica @ YouDidWhatWithYourWeiner said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Chester and Gretel have only gotten to run free once or twice in their life too.

Post a Comment