Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Fun Chase by Abby

I love chasing little critters, but not cats.

During my late afternoon walk at Veterans Memorial Park in Parma, Ohio, I spotted a critter that I hadn’t seen before. It had brown fur, claws, was bigger than a cat but smaller than me. A lady nearby said she thought it might be a groundhog, but all I know is that it wasn’t afraid of me and we had a great game of chase. We even touched noses!

I was barking like crazy running after that critter, so loud that a golfer on the golf course next to the park yelled for me to stop already. I just went round and round at least five times chasing that thing. It was so much fun, but it did tire me out. I slept really well that night!

Too bad my dad didn’t have a camera with him to get a picture of me in action. My mom was a bit disappointed that she missed the whole thing. She told me that if I ever come across a black and white fury critter to leave it alone and go the other way—I’ll try to remember but I am a dog and have that hunting instinct you know. I can’t make any promises about that.

Woof! Woof! What have you or your pet chased lately.

Find more pet posts at Pet Pride and link up yours.


Share this:

7 comments:

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That sure sounded like LOADS of fun! But we're with your Mom, stay away from the black and white furry critters! Unless you want a few baths in one go.

Lin said...

Ooooh, sounds like a lot of fun, Abby! I hope you didn't scare the poor thing too bad!

Hobbes has been looking for a mouse out in the yard for days now. I found him....Hobbes had no idea where he was. He is not a good mouser!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that is good advice that your Mom gave you about the black & white thing!

This is Dakota, (dog), Cody's brother and the thing that I have chased lately? CODY!!! BOL!

Sandee said...

Glad you had a great chase Abby. Your mom is right about the black and white critters. None of you would like that smell. Just saying.

Our Little Bit chases and if she catches she kills. She's a bird dog times twenty two. We watch her very closely though.

Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. :)

BeadedTail said...

It sounds like you had a fun time chasing that critter Abby! We only see deers and neighbor cats out our window so we don't get to chase anything. Our sisfur Sadie didn't get to chase anything either since our mommy is a worry wart and didn't want her to get hurt. She's a spoil sport.

Mrs4444 said...

Well, I haven't chased anything but my puppy, lately, but your post reminds me of Milo's adventure meeting a kitten last weekend. They had a ball together; she had claws and batted him on the nose a few times but not with the claws out. I think they're going to be good friends. Who knows? Maybe you and the groundhog will do the same!haha

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Groundhogs and woodchucks are OK... but watch out for polecats, Abby!

Post a Comment