Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Joke That Always Makes Me Laugh (Writer's Workshop)

Our Mr. Moe-lived 15 yrs. (est.) R.I.P.

A cat died and went to Heaven. God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.'

The cat thought for a minute and then said, 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.'

God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together. God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat.

The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms! If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.'
God answered, 'It is done.' All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?'

The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!


(I re-posted this for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop: Share a joke that always makes you laugh from Dec. 31, 2008 over at my other blog, Favorite Cat Joke In Honor of All Dads Cats and My Moe.)

15 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

Good one.... In response to your joke, I just posted a picture that HH made of me a while back. Same theme....

Have a great day and thanks for the chuckle.

pawhugs, Max

SisterSister said...

This is a cute joke...think I'll share it with my best friend...who loves her kitties. :)

Ann in the UP said...

I liked your joke too, and so did Tony, Bella, and Sweetie. But the mice didn't even crack a smile. I guess mice don't have much of a sense of humor. Who knew?

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahahaha. We won't tell PETA. Bwahahahahahaha.

Have a terrific day. :)

BeadedTail said...

Hahahaha! That was funny!

The Florida Furkids said...

MOL that was cute. Where can we place our order for Meals on Wheels???

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Daisy said...

LOL! Now I am picturing Bert & Ernie on tiny rollerskates (even though we would never eat em up!)

Saving By The Sea said...

Following from Over 40 GFC hop! Hope you'll follow us too :) www.savingbythesea.com

Karen said...

LOL that is a good one! I can just picture a cat saying that. They have attitude! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is a great joke!!

Thanks for visiting and commenting today. Don't you just love the Writer's Workshop?

Carrie said...

that is a funny joke. Thanks for sharing :)

And thinks for stopping by my blog

Stasha said...

That is funny! I love nice, clean jokes! Made me giggle.

Chasing Joy said...

Very cute joke. My donation vote is for a goat.

Karen and Gerard said...

Glad you all liked our joke! Appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Max: Good luck on getting more treats.

Sister Sister: Thanks for stopping by and glad you liked my joke. I think any cat lover would. (A mice lover may not like it so much.) Did you vote for what animal we should donate through Heifer International? (goat, sheep or pig?)

Ann in the Up: Ha, ha, ha. Glad you liked our joke. Too bad for the mice.

Sandee: Thanks for not telling PETA!

Florida Furkids: Try your mom.

Daisy: I thought about that when I left my comment, but technically they aren't mice, right? They would look cute on roller skates though.

These Days of Mine: Yes, I do like Writer's Workshop. Although I don't participate EVERY week, I check out the prompts every week. I always visit others too from there.

Stasha: Glad you found it funny too!

Chasing Joy: Thanks, your vote is so noted.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Karen, I laughed at this. Never heard this one before! meals on wheels. Too funny! Shared on Facebook.

Post a Comment