Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Biggest Challenge of Blogging (Writer's Workshop)

This is my 1,000th post on this blog--Woo Hoo!

My biggest challenge of blogging is balancing posting on my blogs with visiting and commenting on others while still having time for other activities. I guess you could say that it is a time management issue.

I have four blogs that are active and it is difficult to promote them all. When leaving comments, I try to choose the blog URL that I think best fits with that post or the one that blogger would most likely be interested in.

Video posts take much longer than others, but I like doing them. I try to keep them down to between one and two minutes but the last one I did of my cats playing with a milk cap ring went over four minutes. They were just so fun to watch, I didn’t know what else to cut out. They actually played for 15 minutes so I think I did well cutting it down.

Some days I just don’t have anything I want to write about, other days I don’t have the time to write about everything I think of and sometimes I wonder why I spend so much time at the computer blogging. Then I remember—because it is fun and I learn so much from others. Blogging is my social outlet—I actually have more online friends than I do in real life.

Why do you blog? What is the biggest challenge for you?

This is in response to Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt: “What is the biggest challenge of blogging for you?”

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your 1,000th post! Blogging does take a lot of time but I love the interaction with others all around the world so that keeps me going. Plus I get to meet great people like you!

Paula Kiger said...

Wow, congrats on post 1,000!! Seriously I have no clue how you keep up with 4 blogs - 1 is all I can handle!! It is a HUGE social outlet for me as well -- and the other reason I blog is to keep writing. I love Heifer - glad you are doing that!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post!! That is fantastic!!!

I share the same challenges as you. When I read/comment on the blogs it takes a good 2 to 2 and a half hours of my time.

I have two blogs (started the 2nd one about 2 months ago). I don't post on the second one the way that I should because I just don't have the time.

I don't know how you handle 4 blogs! I would die!!

I blog because I love animals!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Congratulations Karen!! What a milestone. I constantly have a problem with blogging and balance. I hardly ever visit other blogs any longer. It's a choice I had to make to keep sanity in my life. I try to let my readers know how much I care about them with the charity rewards and other things. But summer here is gone in an instant and I just can't be on the computer all the time. Again, congratulations to you. The blogging world is a much better place with you and Gerard and your animal family in it.

Post a Comment