Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Abby's Summer Workout Plan (by Abby)

Abby and her Daddy--Pack of Two
I want to tell you about my summer workout plan. On weekdays, I leave my house at 5:45 p.m. to meet Karen at the bus stop.

Once I get her home safe, my daddy and I visit Bartells passing two ice cream places along the way where I stop to let people pet me. I get compliments too that make me feel good! All the nice ladies know me at Bartells because I go so often. They pet me and give me cookies and water for free! Daddy says, "If it's free, it's for me."

Then we come back home through the park, making new friends, chasing squirrels up the trees, and taking breaks lying down in the nice tall grass in the shade. It usually takes us about an hour and 45 minutes with all my stops along the way.

Then when we get home, my daddy and I go in the basement to cheer on the Red Sox. My mom doesn't like going on my long walks because she likes to go on the computer but daddy does not mind. It takes the stress of his day away--the traffic and worrying about the Red Sox.

We are a pack of two! Woof! Woof!  What do you think of my summer workout? 

10 comments:

Nicholas Tucker said...

Here's another contest to win $50: http://drum-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-me-and-win-50.html

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Abby! Your walks sound exciting and full of fun things to do. Do you ever stop and get some ice cream? With all your walking, I bet it'd be easy to burn off the calories. Ask daddy to make an extra stop next time!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I am not much of a dog lover, but Abby is so special!! Wow, you guys have such fun. I love that everyone knows her and greets her.

Sandee said...

I asked our baby Little Bit how you did and she said you are doing everything right. Free cookies and lots of petting is exactly what you need to do every single day. She liked the part about laying in the tall grass in the shade too. According to Little Bit she give you 4 paws on your summer workout.

Have a woof woof day Abby. :)

tahtimbo said...

That sounds like a great workout! Although, I would be tempted to sample the ice cream along the way :)
It's great that you have such a nice place to walk.
I hope your summer is going well.

Shanda said...

Thank you for directing people to Heifer International. It is a great organization.

BeadedTail said...

That's quite a workout Abby! I like the cookies part!

Woos,
Sadie

Sharkbytes said...

i think it's great- my mom would love it too. maggie the vizsla

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Abby, I think your summer workout sounds great :) You meet people and you get free treats :) :) Plus, Karen and Gerard get some exercise, too :) Have a great week. Greetings from Oregon, Heather :)

Abby, the dog said...

Junk Drawer Kathy: Oh no, we never stop to eat ice cream, that would totally defeat the purpose of the exercise! I just like the people petting me. Gerard always has ice cream at home--they stock up when it's on sale. Much cheaper that way.

Rebecca: I love all the attention!

Little Bit and Sandee: Thanks for the encouragement! working out in the summer is very fun.

Tahtimbo: Yes, we are enjoying our summer very much! We do have a great neighborhood for walking! Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment. Did you vote for an animal?

Shanda: I just heard about Heifer International recently. I like the idea of being able to help a community in this way and I love animals so it's a great charity for me. Did you vote for which animal we should send? (goat, sheep or pig?)

Sadie at Beaded Tail: The cookie part is best! Karen called me a beggar when she joined us on our evening walk and I went in Bartells. They have the treats sitting out on the counter and Gerard just grabs some for me.

Sharkbytes: Thanks for stopping by.

Heather: Yes, summer is great! Not too many people are out in the winter here. Karen has been joining us on our walks the last couple days. Guess she thinks she better walk more to burn more calories since she's helping Gerard eat the chocolate peanut butter pie and having ice cream at supper!

Post a Comment