Friday, July 22, 2011

6 Things We Learned This Week 29 of 2011 (books, games, blogging, vets)


Fun With Books

Just for Fun: If you are on Shelfari, there is a fun group for "Divergent" by Veronica Roth (her first book!)  It's fantastic. There is also a page on Facebook for Divergent where you can take a faction aptitude test! My aptitude is Erudite: The Intelligent.  Both Gerard and I liked this book a lot!  You can read our review at "Grab A Book From Our Stack."

Super Scrabble

I played Super Scrabble for the first time this week. It is a bigger board with quadruple spaces and more letters. I also learned that if you use all 7 tiles in one turn, it is called a "Bingo."  I had two "Bingos" early on and won with 480 points! 

Blog Traffic

I don't bother checking blog stats often but happened to look at Blogger stats and discovered that I get most referral traffic from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop and Tuesday Teasers (We do this one on our book blog).

Favicon

I made some favicon's for my blogs but don't know how to create square pics. Had to use my EC card pics and the picture is hard to see. In Blogger, under design, it's up in the left corner. All you do is browse for a picture but it has to be square.

Share Buttons

I finally got around to adding share buttons on here including the Google +1 following the instructions at www.bloggerplugins.org. If you are on Google Plus, it lists all the posts that you click on that +1 on your profile page under the +1s tab. I like this feature because it's easier than using Stumbleupon or Delicious to mark posts I like and may want to refer back to. As far as I know, you can only view your own +1s, not what others mark.

Vet Trips

I'm worth it!
I took Spunky Doodle to the vet at PetSmart because they say you don't need an appointment. I got there a little after one and found out all their vets were out to lunch until 2:00 p.m. and then they had four appointments at 2:00 p.m. I called Bartell's and their vets were at lunch too. I went ahead and made an appointment for tomorrow then for her at 2:00 p.m. Hope she goes in the carrier as easily as she did today!

Found out Spunky Doodle has a slight ear infection and I have to squirt ointment in her right ear and use some cleaner for 21 days!  Hope I can do it right! This is not going to be fun.  Then she also needs a dental cleaning too because she has some tartar built up.  Hope they don't have to extract teeth like they did for Abby and Manny!  This seems to be the year of the teeth for us!

Find more Friday Fragments or link up some of yours at Half-Past Kissin' time.

Share this:  

9 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

One of my cats has a cavity or something... I dread the vet bill...

I haven't joined Google+, but some of my pals have. Maybe I should add the button to my blogs.

BeadedTail said...

Hope Spunky Doodle gets well and that she doesn't have to lose any teeth! Purrs to her!

Lee said...

Kitties ARE so worth it!

How do you use your stats to see where you get the most references? I get the most from mama kat too, but I'm small and can tell by the posts that get comments.

My husband would die for Super Scrabble. I am NOT telling him about that one. :-)

Daisy said...

We like to check out blog stats just to see how many people visited each day. It is interesting. I especially like to see the funny search terms people used who ended up on my blog. Some funny ones from today were:

Harliee'Loves Duckies
thick black coloured lab raincoat
xxx marvelous harley
tabby in pink dress

mub said...

I need to start looking into the +1 stuff. I've seen it around but I just sortof ignored it for awhile. Now I'm curious enough to check into it!

I am going to see if I can get my hands on Super Scrabble! It sounds awesome.

About a Mom said...

Hi! You just reminded me that I need to brush the dogs teeth! I am a new follower from Follow Friday hop! So glad I found your blog! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow! :)

Ann in the UP said...

I always love to see what you two have learned.

I keep trying to enumerate my "learning", but it's tough to nail it down for me. My mom used to say, when she heard something new, "Today I haven't lived in vain." And then she'd usually laugh.

The way we are bombarded with information all the time, you'd think we'd learn gobs of new stuff every day. Maybe we learn to ignore most of it.

Lin said...

I'm like Daisy--I like to see the searches that bring readers to my blog. Sometimes they are just weird, which scares me.

I hope 'ol Spunky Doodle is feeling better soon! Grace is on meds for her bladder again, but this time we have a snappy pill shooter which helps a TON! Sick pets are NOT fun.

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope Spunky Doodle is doing better and gets to keep all her teeth.

Post a Comment