Monday, October 18, 2010

What Should Be On Your Bucket List?

A person never knows how much time they have here on this Earth. People can be fine one day and boom! Gone! I am attending a funeral for a young mother (33) who had a seizure, went into a come for a little over a week and went to be with the Lord leaving behind her grieving husband and two little children. Over at the Duck & Wheel With String, I read of another couple this week to got run over and killed while going for a walk like they always did.

The number one thing is to consider where you would spend eternity if you died and receive God's Son, Jesus, as your personal Savior. This is definitely not something to put off. If you don't believe the Bible to be the word of God, just pray that God would show you and give you the faith to believe. After that, I'd say start tackling that "Bucket List" of yours and don't wait. You never know if you'll even have a tomorrow so make the most of each day God gives you!

I took this little fun quiz to see what I should do before I die and here is my result:


You Should Write a Book





You may not feel like you could write a book, but you actually have a lot to say. Just let it flow!

You already live in your own little world. You may as well introduce everyone else to it.

It's likely that you feel like you have a lot of baggage you'd like to unload, and writing can be cathartic.

By writing a book, you would feel a huge sense of accomplishment. And you'd have a legacy to leave behind.


I did it! It was cathartic and I did get a great sense of accomplishment from it.


If you take the quiz, share your result in the comments. What is it you need to do before you die?

Tweet This
Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

5 comments:

Lin said...

My dad died at a very young age and when I was only 7 years old. I think that event formed who I am and how I approach life. I am way too aware of leaving this earth too early.

I think that other than wanting to see my kids grown and independent (and happy), I'd be fine with what I have accomplished in this lifetime. My biggest fear was dying and leaving young kids, like the woman in your post. That is my worst nightmare because of what that does to the kids. I know firsthand about that.

So, my bucket list--just to have fun and not waste my time on things and people who don't add a positive to my life.

Anonymous said...

My bucket list is to hug my boys and husband more, to laugh more, to reach out to others every opportunity God gives me - and to let frustration go.

So many young people - young couples starting families have experienced loss this year. Our college minister died of a severe heart attack a month after his baby was born. He was an amazing man - constantly reaching out to our young adults on and off campus.

This video handles his view on death in an amazing way:
http://myprops.org/content/JoNate-Scales-Memorial-Video/

Sandee said...

I read about the couple that were ran over while out walking. So true, we just never know how long we are going to be here.

I can out with the same answer on the quiz, but I never want to write a book. I didn't care for the questions. Most questions I didn't care for the choices.

Have a terrific day. :)

BeadedTail said...

Those two tragedies had me thinking about things. I have so many things I want to see and do yet so I better get started on them since one never knows!

mountain woman said...

Ha, I got I should climb Mount Everest and the description sounds like me.

On a serious note, I'd like to think I've always appreciated life but when my husband was killed, it brought home the fact to me that we truly don't know when our last minute will be. I've learned to just be grateful for everything I have and to find something beautiful in every moment.

I'm glad you got the You should write a book.

Post a Comment