Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Historical Event I Would Like To Have Taken Part In (Writer’s Workshop)

If you could witness (or take part in) any event in history, what would it be and why? This is easy for me. I would choose to be back to see the resurrected Jesus being taken back up to heaven in the clouds as recorded in Acts 1:3-11. After being crucified—the most excruciating death possible, to take the punishment for our sins, Jesus rose from the dead. He did not just sneak back to heaven quietly either. He still walked around on this Earth 40 days, letting those who believed in him see and talk with him. Imagine what a great time of fellowship they must have had! I would love to have been in that first group of believers because they got to spend time with Jesus, the Son of God in person, understanding exactly who He was! Then, after Jesus told them they would receive power to be witnesses for Him, he went bye, bye. He just floated up in the clouds and disappeared. How cool is that! Acts 1:11 says:
. . . Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
(Spoken by angels)

I’m hoping that maybe I will see Jesus return to gather up the believers in the clouds with him at his second coming. That would be better yet I think! I look forward to that day hoping I’m still living when it happens!

What about you? What historical event would you have liked to have been a part of? Can you top this?

You may want to check out the Spooktacular Book Blog Giveaway going on this week.

This post is in response to Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop prompt: “If you could witness (or take part in) any event in history, what would it be? Why?” which was inspired by Texan Mama from Who Put Me In Charge Of These Kids

This is part of Saturday Sampling at Half Past Kissin' Time.


Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

12 comments:

dawn said...

Coming by before I get off work and head to bed for the day...

I thought about going back to biblical times but... what if I screwed something up and changed the history... like tripping in front of Jesus as he walked into town on Palm Sunday? Or being the waitress and forgetting the wine at the last supper? Or being at the crucifixion by mistake when I really wanted to go back to the resurrection?
I'll stick with things like... well- anything that I can't possibly ruin for the rest of mankind!

Anonymous said...

Dawn's response above cracked me up... I have a feeling I'd screw it up too.

But on a serious note... what an amazing event to choose. I would never have thought of that. I think its an event that would quench any doubt held within me... it's an event that would ignite my passion forever. Great pick!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Great answer, I didn't think about going to that far. It would have been amazing to see Jesus going up in the sky.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Stacey said...

Interesting answer. When I thought about this one, which I didn't end up writing, I didn't even think about biblical times. But it would have been wonderful to see the Savior and be there when he taught.

Rebecca said...

What a great answer! I would have loved to be a part of witnessing the resurrection, too. Although, I think being there for Pentecost would have been amazing, too!

Anonymous said...

The times when Jesus walked the earth are always events I wish I could have witnessed first-hand. Loved your post. And thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging words.

Tanya said...

So funny, I never even thought about screwing things up Dawn! I was totally going to choose this time also. The chance to walk and talk with Jesus, to learn and ask the millions of questions I have would have been amazing. Thanks so much for sharing, have a great day-

Mrs4444 said...

I agree; being present for the 2nd coming would be amazing. I think we'll all know when it happens, though! :)

Erin said...

Normally I don't read the other comments but couldn't help by laugh at Dawns! HAHA

But It would definitely be an interesting time in history to be a part of!

Matty said...

I can think of so many moments that it would be difficult to pick just one. How about being there at the beginning of time and seeing Adam being created? Or maybe better yet, watching God put him to sleep and creating Eve. Wow. Or watching as God handed down the 10 commandments to Moses in a firestorm....talk about a photo op! LOL

MJ Rodriguez said...

this is actually a cool choice for an event.

i would also love to be at that time and experience everything.

stopping by for Writers Workshop.

Holly Lefevre said...

You really selected a meaningful and poignant historical event...cannot really beat that one.

Post a Comment