Friday, September 5, 2008

News From My Group Family at Boys Town

I am always interested to get letters from the parents of the group home I sponsor at Boys Town. It's rewarding to see the impact my little bit of money that I send each month has and it helps me to know how to pray more specifically for the needs of the boys.

The group home I help support is run by Tony and Simone Jones. The boys currently living there are Ned, Ivan, Dale, Darius, Gordon, Aaron, Malcolm and Chad. These are boys who've had a very hard childhood and now are getting love and help so they can have a bright future. I do not know how long these guys have been at Boys Town, but I do know that they now have a good life.

Most of the boys are actively involved in sports, some work and are preparing for careers. They enjoy fun activities and learn basic life skills, character skills such as honesty and trust. This is a very easy way to have a small part in making a huge difference.

If you would like more information about becoming a monthly sponsor, call 1-800-547-0093 or write to: Father Flanagan's Boys' Home, P.O. Box 5400, Boys Town, Nebraska 68010-9908.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

helping people even in the smallest way is such a wonderful feeling. you have a very kind heart.

cheers.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Karen I was in an orphanage for 4 years and if it hadn't been for the love of other people I'm sure my years would have been bleak, so thanks for everything you do on behalf of all children that need the help.

Post a Comment