Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Sick Fighting Off My Cold

I caught a cold Tuesday, the day I was off from work anyhow because of the basement floor being done but felt so miserable when I got up yesterday that I decided to call in sick. I just didn't feel much like doing anything but wanted to be better to go to my Bible study in the evening.

I was told by the doctor's office I shouldn't use any kind of decongestant because of the other medication I take. Basically, I just have to suffer through it. Gerard got me a big gallon of Hi-C and I used the breath-rite nose strips and Vick's vapor rub. The highlight of my day though was napping with my cats. Spunky shared her sun spot on the floor with me and Manny let me lay on the bed next to him and even pet him without making his usual squawking noises! I think it helped me deepen our relationship!

I felt worse as the day wore on so didn't make my Bible study. I went to bed at 8:30 p.m.

I read in some book that if you put the Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of your feet, it helps keep you from coughing so I tried it and it worked! I had a real good night's rest and am back to work today--yea!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

I am glad you are feeling better today. Being sick is No Fun.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tip. I'll be trying the Vicks tonight.

BeadedTail said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Thanks for the Vicks tip!

Anonymous said...

its good to know that you're feeling better. have a great weekend.

Post a Comment