Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Whacky Wednesday Morning!

Well, today has been very crazy unlike a week ago when I had a "Wonderful Wednesday"! The wackiness started this morning before I even got up. I had an early morning nightmare which is extremely unusual. I dreamed Gerard was leaving me and moving to California and even though all my friends were trying to talk him out of it, his mind was made up. So, anyhow, I woke up 10 minutes late then.

So, okay, I was very relieved when I realized it was just a dream. Yesterday we put out our 30-yr. old couch and love seat that was in the basement for the rubbish to pickup, but I'm hoping someone will take it who can use it. It's not torn or anything, just a bit worn and BIG. So I was running late because I decided to put the cushions on the porch to use for our puppet team to kneel on, but put a sign on the furniture that if someone wanted this, they should feel free to take the cushions from the porch. The lady from down the street stopped to give me a ride to the bus stop so I made it in time. (See how God looks out for me!)

I dozed off on the bus and didn't even wake up when it got downtown so missed my stop and got off at the next one. Fortunately, it's only a couple blocks farther. I believe God is so good that he knows I've been neglecting my Fit TV exercising session with Gilad so he's making sure I get some extra in!

Next, I return the call to Basement Systems, the company that remodeled our basement to find out my credit card had been declined. This was because it was over the limit. I wasn't familiar with what my credit card limit was because I just don't pay attention to it since we never charge that much normally, but now I know. Fortunately, I have two Discover cards so I just split the cost between them. I'm not big on having a lot of credit cards, but when my dad died, I just switched his account to my name instead of canceling it altogether to keep my book expense and ebay expenses separate.

I am really looking forward to attending my Bible study tonight, but praise God none of this got to me. Looking for God's hand in things and trusting that He is in control really makes a difference!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great way of looking at things Karen. You always try and find the positive and that's a good thing.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Wow, what a day. I'm so happy you are able to stay positive and I'm sure Bible study will be a wonderful end to an otherwise trying day.

Anonymous said...

I have quite a few of those "husband leaving me" dreams. I always hug him the next morning :)

Karen and Gerard said...

Jude: Yes, I try to keep a positive outlook, thanks!

Mountain Woman: The Bible Study was very good. Beth Moore is funny and so is our Pastor's wife who leads it so I enjoyed it very much.

Signe: Oh my, I'm glad I don't have these dreams often. In fact, this was the only one I ever had like that!

Post a Comment