Sunday, September 21, 2008

What I Learned This Week

The Spanish word for bake is Hornee--I thought that was kind of funny. I learned this from I Do Things (So you don't have to) Thanks, Daisy for telling me where I saw this at.

What I type on the Internet is there forever, even if I delete it so I need to be very careful what I type.

To calm down dogs during a storm, rub a fabric softener dryer sheet on them which takes out the static electricity. I read this tip in the Cleveland PLAIN DEALER this morning.

Painting is tricky. Sometimes, you need to put on a grabber primer first for certain types of surfaces, such as the wall between my kitchen cupboards and counter. Even the painter had trouble getting the paint to cover and spread well and gave up. I had him wipe it off and will rethink this.

P.S. The first three things listed above that I learned were from reading blogs this week. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark them and don't remember from whose blogs these bits of information were gleaned. If it was yours, please let me know and I will add the link to your blog. (I should have done this right away and next time I will note it promptly.) I know "Hornee" came from a new blog (I Do Things) I just discovered that was very funny as well. It was from a post about improving on chocolate chip cookies by adding M&Ms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen and Gerard,

Hornee - hmm that's very interesting! ;)

I also like the tip you shared about calming the dogs during the storm. Our dogs bark endlessly whenever it rains and much more during the storm. That will be something worth to try.

By the way, we passed an award to your blog because we love going back everytime and read your posts.;)

Karen and Gerard said...

Thanks for the award! I already received this award from Tahtimo at Everyday Living but it's nice to receive it again!

Let me know if that fabric softener helps calm down your dog or not.

Daisy said...

Oh, the "hornee" one came from the blog called "I Do Things." It's a really fun blog.

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you Karen (and thank you Daisy!) for the shout out. It's always fun to learn new words, especially when they have to do with food.

I enjoyed reading your other "What I Learned This Week" tips. That's a neat way to sum up things you've found in other blogs or other places online.

JD

Post a Comment