Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fun Time at The Yankee Peddler Festival


We went to the Yankee Peddler Festival today. Pretty neat! It's in the woods and is like a big craft fair with lots of food. Unusual things that you normally do not see at a mall made by artisans/crafters. People dress up in old-time clothes and they have puppet shows and music going on all day!! The puppet show we watched was very funny.



Gerard found a nice Benedictine Bengals (his high school alma mater) sign we bought and Karen bought some chocolate peanut brittle she enjoyed. For lunch we had apple fritters and strawberry shortcake! YUMMY! They have it every year so we'll probably go next year too. Didn't get lost either and it took only about 45 minutes with our trusty GPS!

UPDATED 1/11/09:
We tried going in 2006 following Mapquest directions which took us so far out of the way that we never made it. We drove for an hour and weren't even close so just came back home. A two-hour drive for nothing! That was the last time I used Mapquest. I love my GPS.

6 comments:

Angel said...

I love things like this! Sounds like y'all had a really good time at the festival. Don't know if all that junk food was good for you though...lol.

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow what a wonderful place! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Mom loves places like that!
Your FL furiends,

Samantha & Mom said...

PS: We love the new look of your Blog!
S&T

Daisy said...

I wish I could go there. I love puppet shows.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Yummy! I sure wish I could have some apple fritters.
I loved the photos. It sounded like a wonderful time.

Heidi said...

Looks like that was a lot of fun! I love the tepee!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! =D

Post a Comment