# 1 – You must post these rules.
# 2 – You must post 11 things about yourself.
# 3 – You must answer the questions from the tagger (me) AND post 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
# 4 – You must choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Let them know they’ve been tagged! Don’t tag back the blog that tagged you.
11 Things About Me (boring old me):
- I’ve been married for 13 years—we were in our 40s when we married and neither were married before.
- I am currently preparing to coach basketball at our church sports camp for the community.
- I am a morning person, early to bed, early to rise. I enjoy watching the sunrise.
- I love animals, especially my pets. We have stuffed animals all through our house. My first pet was a brown puppy with white paws and a white tip on its tail named Brownie. My parents let me pick him out to get me over my fear of dogs. Wish we could get a family picture with us and all our pets in it.
- I worked at an insurance company, was a substitute teacher for Jr. High and High School, and a legal secretary for the last 25 years with the same firm.
- I wish I could bowl and play softball and volleyball as well as I used to when I was younger. My knees aren't what they used to be and any speed I did have is gone now.
- I wish I had the experience of playing youth sports but they just weren’t available for girls when I was growing up.
- I used to keep the stats for the men’s church softball team many years ago and also for the youth group when we played a pickup game once a week during the spring and summer months.
- I organized our first church bowling league that continued for many years.
- I only went to one dance in Jr. High which I felt very awkward and out of place at—no more, not even my prom.
- I enjoyed being a camp counselor at Beulah Beach years ago one or two weeks of the summer--did all ages but my favorite age group was Jr. High.
Here's the 11 Questions Rebecca had for me to answer:
1) What is the best food on a hot summer day? macaroni salad with tuna fish or salmon in it
2) If you had an extra room in your house, how would you use it? A closed in sun room would be nice to use for my early morning devotional time.
3) What is the strangest food you have ever eaten? asparagus
4) What do you remember about your first day of school? nothing, but I do know I liked riding the bus to and from my early years of elementary school
5) What Olympic sport would you like to try? the luge, looks like fun and easy!
6) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Why? Sunrises--Can't help but think of God's goodness and thank Him for a bright new day to live for Him.
7) Where is the farthest you have ever traveled? Michigan, to visit a friend (I didn't drive though, her mother drove me and my sisters up with a loose cat in the car which made me extremely nervous).
8) Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper? Yes,a local community paper did a nice interview about writing My Funny Dad, Harry and even took a picture of me holding my cat. I think I was in when I got my college scholarship too, again the local community paper.
9) What do you miss from your childhood? Having the whole summer off to just bum around and play all day long.
10) Share a favorite picture of yourself (or, if you don’t want to use a self photo, use any photo you like), and tell us about it.
|Elmwood Park After Tennis and Bocce Ball|
11) What habit would you like to be able to break? Chawing gum, just can't chew it quietly.
I'm not going to tag 11 people because that just takes too long (this is taking long enough as it is!) If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. All I ask is that you link back here letting people know where you found this and let me know in the comments if you decide to do it.
Now, here are my 11 questions for YOU to answer.
- What was your best vacation ever?
- Share a picture of one of your pets and its name, or more if you wish.
- What is something you especially like about your spouse?
- What is one of your favorite charities?
- What games do you enjoy playing?
- What is your biggest fear or concern at the moment?
- What is one thing you really plan to do that you have not done?
- What is your favorite TV show or book and why?
- What activity or place really makes you happy?
- What is one dumb thing that you've done?
- What accomplishment are you most pleased about?