Wednesday, April 25, 2012

HUGS!

 Here is a cute little poem I'd like to share with you (since I have nothing better to post). 

HUGS!

It's wondrous what a hug can do--a hug can cheer you when you're blue.
A hug can say, "I love you so," OR "I sure hate to see you go."
A hug is, "Welcome back again,"
and "Great to see you!  Where've you been?"
A hug can soothe a small child's pain and bring a rainbow after rain.
The hug--there's no doubt about it--We scarcely could survive without it!
A hug delights and warms and charms.  It must be why God gave us arms.
Hugs are great for fathers and mothers, sweet for sisters, swell for brothers.
And chances are your favorite aunts love them more than potted plants.
Kittens crave them.  Puppies love them.
A hug can break a language barrier, and make your travel so much merrier.
No need to fret about your store of 'em.
The more you give, the more there's more of 'em.
So stretch those arms without delay and give someone a hug today!!!
                   --author unknown

Hope you can find someone or a pet to hug!

(50 cents per legitimate comment during April goes to Paralyzed Veterans of America.)

Share this:

6 comments:

Sandee said...

I like this very much. I've hugged my hubby today (and everyday), and of course Little Bit. She gets lots of hugs.

Have a day filled with hugs. :)

Mike Golch said...

Celestine gets a lot of hugs from me Harvey when he was with us used to get hugs weather he wanted them of not.

Lin said...

I'm a big hugger. I get together with Lola (Lola's Diner) every so often and I always give her a big hug--which drives her CRAZY! Hee! Hee! Now she just knows to expect it and waits for me to get it over with. :)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I'm really not a hugger of acquaintances but love receiving hugs from my husband and hugging him. I also hug our dog but our cats don't go for hugging so I respect that and usually refrain myself.

Mrs4444 said...

I often remember how important it is to hug senior citizens, especially, who may not get hugged as often as the rest of us. Sweet post.

Beth Ann Chiles said...

Hugs are wonderful and what a wonderful little poem!!!! Loved it!

Post a Comment