Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Congratulations, Bubba!

I was thrilled to see an unknown golfer (at least to me) win the Masters this year.  Bubba Watson won using a pink driver!  He is also a risk taker and finished with an exciting approach shot from the trees.  That I can relate to--my ball ALWAYS lands in the trees it seems. He never took a golf lesson in his life, is humble and thanked his "Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." He sure looks good in that green jacket with his white pants! Congrats, Bubba! Did you watch the Masters? I'm sorry to say that I didn't, but I enjoyed seeing Bubba's finish and his interview. Here you go for those who missed it the first time:
Here's a link to another video that shows his shot: http://youtu.be/2mppdVsccso After Sunday, his Twitter followers rose to over 500,000! It's amazing how quickly a person can become popular overnight with the technology we have today. (50 cents per legitimate comment during April goes to Paralyzed Veterans of America.) Share this:

6 comments:

Lin said...

I pay no attention to golf, but Joe was very excited to see Bubba win. I'm thinking he needs a new name though--Bubba isn't really a golfing name.

Beth Ann said...

We watched off and on and saw the wonderful finish and celebration. Bubba was overcome with emotion and it was a pretty neat way to end the Masters, don't you think?? I was happy to see him win.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It was so much fun watching on Sunday!

Ann in the UP said...

We watched the whole tournament, and watched Bubba win. He was one emotional guy, and I was happy to hear him credit the Lord with His influence on his life. I love when good guys finish first!

BeadedTail said...

I haven't seen much of anything lately because of work but congrats to Bubba!

Mike Golch said...

I did watch it and I was amazed at Bubba.My hats off top him.

Post a Comment