Friday, December 21, 2012

Advent Conspiracy: Something To Think About


Our Pastor has been speaking about phases of Advent Conspiracy (worship fully, spend less, give more and love all. This video below really spoke to my heart. Every Christmas for years now I've always given an extra offering to my church as unto Jesus as a gift to Him since it is His birthday I celebrate at Christmas. I generally make it equal to or more than what I spend on the person I gave the most to. This year, after viewing this video, I'm doing it a bit differently.



I decided to give through World Vision this year to help make a difference in the world the way Jesus did when He lived on Earth. There are plenty options to help the poor, feed the hungry, provide care and help to people in crisis, provide medicine, clean water, help for orphans and widows and even animals to help people support themselves, plus more! To view all the "gifts" check out www.worldvision.org.  Is Jesus the most important person on your list?  Does your checkbook/credit card statement reflect it?

You can make a donation in honor of anyone you want and they will get a card and/or email card notifying them that you made a donation in their honor and what gift you gave. I wasn't too sure how this would be received, so I started with a couple of our pastors (before I realized I could send them an email notification but they'll hopefully get a card in the mail.)

Have you heard of the Advent Conspiracy before? This is the first year I've heard of it. What do you think?

Share this:

5 comments:

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I've never heard of it until now. I've been trying to bless people by saying good things about them. For instance if someone is genuinely nice to me at a restaurant or somewhere else, I've been emailing the companies to tell them about the people.

Mrs4444 said...

I can't get the video to play, for some reason.

Just so you know, Karen, I think you're doing a great job of representing Jesus here on earth; you're a blessing.

Mrs4444 said...

It worked this time! Very cool. I tried to more giving of myself this year; my sisters and I decided not to buy gifts but to spend time together, instead. I have a long way to go towards flipping the way I do Christmas, but I'm working on it.

Mrs4444 said...

btw, I received the card from World Vision today :) Thanks, again.

42N said...

You are right. Think back on all your past Christmas celebrations. What do you remember and cherish the most? Probably not any particular gift but the time spent with relatives and friends.

Post a Comment