Friday, December 21, 2012

8 Friday Fragments Pretty Late


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Comforting Newtown, CT

I was shocked and saddened to hear about the shooting at the elementary school in Newtown, CT like everyone else was. I couldn't even watch the news about it because it is just too upsetting to me. I was in a funk for several days as it was. A friend from church shared the following:

The USPS has set up a dedicated P.O. box at if you want to send them a note of comfort or encouragement:

Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470

or

Newtown School District
4 Fairfield Circle South
Newtown CT 06470

Cutest Christmas Story Video

Check out Lin's post at Duck and Wheel with String called "It's Almost Better Than Charlie Brown."

World Vision

I just discovered this week that World Vision meets many different needs worldwide. I always just thought they were all about providing food to the hungry but they do way more than just that. I experienced so much joy in helping others through donating while making gifts in honor of some of my friends and co-workers. See my Advent Conspiracy post if you missed it.

Mary Connealy

I discovered a new author this month that I like a lot! She writes clean western romance novels with humor. I loved The Kincaid Brides series of three books set in the 1800s.  My review of the last one of the series, Over the Edge, will be up on Grab A Book From Our Stack tomorrow or Sunday.

Survivor Philippines

I enjoyed "Survivor" this season and liked all the final three. I didn't know who would win, but glad glad Denise won. I thought she really did play the best game. She was definitely an underdog with her tribe losing all their challenges at the beginning. I was also happy that Lisa won the fan vote for a nice amount of money too. I didn't like her character on "Facts of Life", Blair, but I did like her in real life. Did you watch?

Nature's Miracle

I tried getting out an old stain on our upstairs carpet with Nature's Miracle on a co-worker's recommendation, but the stain is still there. I think it's a little lighter but it may be hopeless since I tried other stuff on it first.

Snow

Well, the snow came here to Parma. Downtown after work, the wind almost blew me into the street! I had to hang on to a pole at one point to keep from being blown away. My bus came late this morning and coming home it took me an hour and a half to get to my bus stop, but then about 10 more minutes to brush the snow off my van (normal is 45-50 minutes). I hope everyone who wanted snow for Christmas is happy now.

Amazon Gift Card

Image from Amazon

My pets are very happy I got an Amazon Gift card for my birthday because now I will order Snoopy's Mischief Master Class book written by dogs, two cats and a turtle (all who blog)!

Share this:

3 comments:

Lin said...

thanks for the link, Karen. :) I'm glad you liked that Christmas story..it's my favorite one to post each year. I like how the children tell the story. And that darn star cracks me up.

I like Survivor too. I think this was one of those few times that I liked everyone at the end and didn't care who would win. I guess Lisa was having problems at home when she left for the show--I can't imagine leaving your family for that amount of time like she did.

BeadedTail said...

It is very upsetting about the tragedy in Newtown. I'm glad that so many are helping although I know no one there will ever be the same.

We watched Survivor too and thought it was one of the best seasons ever in terms of the likability of those on the show. I'm glad Denise won too and that Lisa got the fan vote. She sure made it farther than we thought since she was so sad at the beginning.

Mrs4444 said...

I don't know...are you sure you want your pets reading about mischief?! Do they really need inspiration?

I was really affected by the tragedy in Newtown, too; it was hard not to be. I'm keeping them all in my prayers.

Speaking of carpet stains, I think we're finally ready to get our carpets cleaned--Steve and Milo may just be trained! :)

Post a Comment