Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm 59 Today and Showered With Gifts!

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Wonderful, Love Gerard

Today is my birthday but my wonderful husband started giving me gifts on Monday. Here is the very cute flower arrangement he sent to surprise me at work. It got a lot of comments but my bosses thought they missed my birthday. My husband has learned if he sends me flowers at work, to send them early in the week so I can enjoy them. They are hard to carry home on the bus so I just leave them there.

front view
back view

On Tuesday, my honey bunny gave me this unique full-length hooded sweater.  He likes finding me clothes that I wouldn't normally buy for myself.  I'm thinking, "when will I wear this" and "where am I going to put it?"  It's heavy like a light-weight coat so it's not exactly a sweater.  I think I'd roast in it wearing it inside all day so I think it will be used as a jacket on cool days.  Gerard says I could wear it when I walk Abby.  I never had one of these before, have you?  I could wear it in the around the house because we keep out thermostat at 68 degrees, but since it's soft yarn, if I sat down it would be covered with fur in no time!

Pound for Pound ORANGE AND BROWN
After Tuesday, Mr. Wonderful wanted to give me something he knew for sure I'd really like so the Cleveland Browns hoodie was my Wednesday gift.  Although I have two Browns hoodies already, they are heavier and the one is printed funny so I hardly wear it.  This new one is light weight and it even has printing on both sleeves.  The right sleeve says "CLEVELAND" and the left says "BROWNS."  It's very comfortable and I love it!

Birthday Card (college by picmonkey.com)
What a great card Gerard got for me!  I also got a few from friends and even one from AWANA.

drum roll, for my big birthday gift I opened this morning . . ..

bum, bum, bum, bum . . . you'll never guess!



It's a Victoria Tunewriter from Brookstone

YES!  This is something I had my eye on for about 10 years but it was like $300 so I never mentioned it to Gerard until just recently.  I really didn't think he would find one, but he did.  This is a big toy gadget that copies music from a record or cassette tape onto a CD.  Our record player is busted and we have a few records that we really like but never listen to and quite a few cassette tapes too.  Mostly I wanted this to make CDs of our records.  You can also use it as a radio, record player or tape player.  Gerard told Abby there are a lot of buttons, too complicated for her daddy but I will figure it out.  Good thing I am off work today!  I'm off to read the directions and try out my new toy.  The first record I am going to copy to a CD is FAME--one of my hubby's favorites.

Thanks for making my birthday week special my Super Duper Honey Bear!  Isn't he wonderful?


Share this:

7 comments:

Lin said...

Awwww, Gerard is very good to you!! Look at all those presents!! WOW!

Happy Birthday, Karen. I wish you a wonderful day and year ahead.

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Karen,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a terrific birthday and a day off too. :)

Sparkle said...

Happy birthday! Gerard is so sweet to give you such wonderful, well-thought-out gifts!

BeadedTail said...

Happy Birthday Karen! We're glad you've had a great birthday week! Gerard did a great job picking out thoughtful gifts for his honey! :)

Kara said...

Happy birthday Karen! I hope you had a wonderful day. It certainly sounds like you have a wonderful husband! :D What fun to get to open gifts all week.

I hope you figured out how to operate your new toy. My roommate got one a few years ago and she made me figure it out for her. Now every time she wants to use it, I have to be home. But I truly don't mind. ;) I know you'll love it!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Happy birthday, Karen!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw your post yesterday and wanted to send you timely b-day wishes then but my phone doesn't like mobile Google, ugh.

Anyway, 59 is a great year! I'm glad you had a great day. I [ray you have an even better year, my friend.

Karen said...

It is so nice to have a loving husband! Happy Birthday! That looks like a cool gift. I'd love to have some of my old records on cd's.

Post a Comment