Friday, December 14, 2012

6 Friday Fragments (fun facts, GoodReads, blogging, pine cones, exchanges, Question)


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Pine Cones

Our Giant Eagle is selling scented pine cones by the doors. We used some for our puppet show. I'm still considering if I should buy some for our home.

December 13

Not only is December 13 my birthday (see yesterday's post for details), but thanks to Flowers of Quiet Happiness, I discovered that it is also National Cocoa day! I love all the fun things I learn through blogging!

Cookie Exchanges

At our Women of Wonder meeting at church, there was a workshop on "Tips for a Successful Cooke Exchange." Rule no. 2 knocked me out of participating right away, even if I did bake: "No plain chocolate chip cookies, cookie mixes, no-bakes, meringues or bars." I'll be posting the rest of "the rules" this week (hopefully).

Addicted

Clearly, I am addicted to blogging. I really had planned to take a break from it for this month of December, telling myself few people will bother reading it anyway because of the holidays coming but it's half over and I'm still at it. Guess I just can't help myself! I am cutting back on all the link-ups just because they take extra time. I feel obligated to visit others who link up too. Still even doing a few still though as you can see. Old habits die hard.

GoodReads Scared Me

When I went on Goodreads this week, I was shocked to find ALL our books gone as well as our little profile picture and the welcome only for Gerard! I didn't know what to make of that but immediately clicked on "help." This situation was not mentioned in any of the FAQ so I hit "contact us" and described my problem. I check our blog to see if the widget was still showing our books, and to my relief, it was. Then when I got out of the contact box, everything showed up again like normal. Did this ever happen to you?

CD Player Problem

I used my new tunewriter to copy a couple records onto a Fuji CD-R and a Memorex CD-RW and had limited success. They will play on my computer and on the tunewriter but not our CD player and not in the car CD player. Anyone have any suggestions as to what CDs would work?

Share this:

11 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

I like the idea of a cookie exchange but my diet is not so fond of it. I...must...be...disciplined.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

So very sorry that we missed your birthday! Happy, Happy Birthday!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'd freak out if I lost all my books on Goodreads... but I have trouble on their site all the time. It runs VERY slowly!
I'll have to send you a friend request on there :)

Barb said...

I hope you have better luck with scented pine cones than I did.

Happy belated birthday!

I'd totally freak if all my Goodreads books disappeared, but that hasn't happened to me. Hopefully it was just a one-day thing.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Is there an option to burn the CD for all players? Some CD-burning software lets you burn a data CD that computers can read and also has a mode that burns them to play on all CD players. You must burn the CDs for all players to get it to play in the car.

BeadedTail said...

I hope you figure out your CD player problem! I understand the cookie exchange rules since those would be the easy way out which wouldn't be fair to those who put more effort into it. I took a week off of blogging but I did still read blogs but didn't comment or post one of my own. It was very freeing but I couldn't do it very often since I missed everyone!

Ann in the UP said...

A belated happy birthday from me, who had a birthday the day before yours. 12/12/12 was lots of fun. My best birthday ever!

Karen said...

I missed your birthday! I hope it was great.

Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you
are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my site =).
We could have a hyperlink exchange arrangement among us
Also see my web site: Wholesale jerseys

Lin said...

I've been sort of Missing in action on the blog front, but am trying to catch up here and there. It is a very busy time of year, but I am still trying to spend a little time blog-hopping. I'm glad you are still posting because I like to come and read your posts. :)

I don't do cookie exchanges, but I sort of like that rule because some people don't put as much effort into the cookies as others and that is not good if you go all out on yours. I don't do Secret Santas either--for that same reason. Some people get really good gifts and others....cruddy ones or none at all.

Kara said...

I'm so sorry! I totally meant to respond to your question you emailed and didn't. I just tried to look for the directions for our CD maker and of course I couldn't find them. But I do know that the CD's I've made can be played on a regular player. So surely it's possible on yours. Perhaps there's some button that needs to be pressed or something? If I find our manual, I'll see if it says anything and email you. Sorry I'm not much help. :(

Post a Comment