Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thanks, Bumbles, For This Commenting Award!

The Bumbles gave me this award last week and wrote a very nice little synopsis about my blog so I wanted to acknowledge it here. I normally don't participate in awards, but since this one is easy to determine who to give it to, I decided to actually post about it.

So, I want to pass this award on to my following top commenters:

Daisy The Curly Cat: It's humbling to me that this busy cat takes time practically every day to visit and comment on my blog. She gets so many comments every day on her posts and I'm sure her day is very busy. My husband and I both enjoy reading Daisy's blog every day because it's so funny and cute! We also love her brother, Harley and enjoy trying to figure out the answers to her riddles. It's a very amusing blog.

Mountain Woman at Red Pine Mountain: My good blogging buddy who has beautiful pictures of her Vermont farm on her blog and who also is doing a fitness blog to encourage people to lose weight sensibly. She always writes so beautifully that you feel her emotions and the beauty she around her that she shares. She has also been a big promoter of the book I wrote in memory of my dad, "My Funny Dad, Harry."

Sandee from Comedy plus has a fantastic humor blog. If you need a laugh, stop by her blog. She is also a good blogging buddy of mine because we seem to have similar backgrounds and are close in age. She loves boating and is retired with a great sense of humor.

Beaded Tail has unique jewelry and a blog about two cats and a dog, just like our family! The dog even looks a lot like Abby. I love seeing the pictures of her beautiful cats and walks with her dog. We are both animals lovers as you can quickly see from the "Animal Rescue Site" and "Feed Hungry Cats & Dogs" widgets that we have on our blogs.

Duck and Wheel with StringLin at Duck and Wheel With String writes about all kinds of things and her posts usually bring out some sort of emotion, often laughter. I love her big fat orange stripey cat named Hobbes and the things she writes about him, but also everyday life situations. She has a very interesting blog.

Mrs.4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time is a secondary grade school teacher who has a funny, interesting, and helpful blog. She is constantly supporting other bloggers and hosts Friday Fragments. I enjoy her posts that she writes about her teaching experiences very much and am honored she comments so often on my blog.

Kathy at The Junk Drawer has a very funny blog because she comes up with the silliest things to post about and has a humorous writing style with lots of readers commenting all the time. It's also fun to read the other comments. I know she visits many blogs and am honored that mine is one of them and that she takes time to comment. She is very transparent on her blog and shares about her personal and embarrassing experiences.

My new commenters widget made this very easy to determine who my top commenters are. I found it on Mountain Woman's blog and it shows your commenters based on your last 500 posts (although now it's acting up and is not accurate--it would be nice if these widgets would work consistently)! However, I still kept the one that shows monthly top commenters too for those who are new readers to give them a chance too at getting on my list and I can see who the most current commenters are at a glance. These widgets are both in my right column under the popular posts.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, Karen, thanks for the nice words and the acknowledgment! It's always fun to stop here to see what you all are up to. :) I'm glad we are blog pallies!

How are you feeling?? Are you back up to speed again?

Daisy said...

Thanks ever so much for your kind words! I enjoy visiting here. It's interesting that a lot of your other top commenters are also blogs that I enjoy visiting.

Susan Cook said...

Congrats on your award. Thanks for your well wishes for my husband. There was a slight complication with his surgery, but he should be better in about a week.

Unknown said...

Those widgets are handy! I wonder if there is a tool to calculate that internally? Maybe it is already part of Google Analytics and I just haven't looked in the right spot.

Happy to spotlight you with this award - we appreciate your support and enjoy visiting your world.

The Bumbles said...

Oops! Left my comment above under the wrong Google account. Silly Bumble ;0)

Becky said...

Hello, Becky here. I've been meaning to stop by and offer you words of encouragement ever since MW wrote about you. I am here for here if you ever want to talk. You can email me, my addr is on my blog. Wishing you the best in the times ahead!

Kathy said...

Thanks so much Karen. See, this is why you're so amazing. You're always giving thanks for people and things. You are so selfless, despite the challenges you're facing right now. And that's why people like to come to your blog. Your devotion to your readers is clear.

I like your blog because it's a comfortable place to visit and you always have something fun and interesting going on here. I don't know how you post so often, as Daisy and others do. I saw your post idea post yesterday and may need to give it a try. I'm still struggling a bit.

Anyway, I wanted to say I admire you as a blogger and thank you for including me here.

The wildcats said...

These are all great blogs that you wrote about, and congratulations on your award. Hope you're feeling well Karen.

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your award! Thank you so much for the nice things you said about me and my blog! I enjoy visiting your blog too to see what you, Gerard and your furbabies are up to. Hope you are doing well and have a great weekend!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Karen, you have been such a terrific blogging buddy and I'm so glad I found you. Anyway, I really appreciate all the time you take to visit my blog and leave comments. To me, the best part of the whole blogging experience is getting comments and making friendships. Thanks again so very much.

Post a Comment