Friday, October 23, 2009

4 Things I Learned This Week-Part 42



Easy Clogged Drain Solution


Drop three Alka Seltzer tablets into the clogged drain. Pour 1 cup of Heinz White Vinegar in. Wait a few minutes and run some hot water. It really works! Here's the post about it: Laundry Problems Solved--Clogged Drain and All!

Blogger Link List Gadget


I manually do my "Popular Post" list at the right side of my blog using the Blogger Link List but just found out today how to add new posts in order of the number of comments without actually having to copy and paste the links. By deleting one, you get an undo option which if you click on, will add it back to the top of the list. I found it to be much easier to adjust the order this way.

Children Soldiers, HIV Kids


At Grains of Sand I learned some alarming statistics about children who are soldiers in MANY countries and also about the prevalence of aides even in children, particularly in South Africa. Visit Epcat International here to find out how you can help.

Dogs and Poop


I think Abby may be eating our cats' poop sometimes. She threw up poop twice now and it smelled up the house. Any suggestions on how to keep her from doing this?

Click here for More Friday Fragments or to add yours.

Tweet This

Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

11 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

NO suggestions but yuck...and dont let him lick you!!

Hallie :)

Sandee said...

Our dog eats dead worms. Thank goodness for that.

Here's an article that might help Karen:

How to Stop Dogs from Eating Cat Poop

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

won said...

I recently, while dog sitting ran into that problem.

Here's a suggestion:

Take a few pieces of cat poop out of the box, and lay them right outside the box. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on them.

Dog shouldn't go near them again. Let me know if you try it, please.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh I am SO going to try the alka seltzer and vinegar trick the next time my sink gets clogged! Thanks for that! :)

We ended up getting a covered litter box - the kind that looks like it's upside down...it's deep and has a flat cover on top with a hole for the cat to enter and do his business...we have it on a bench at the end of the upstairs hallway and the dogs have never been able to get at any of the cat poop since! :)

Happy FF! :)

Unknown said...

Hiya from SITS! Happy Saturday Sharefest! ;)

Great tips you have there!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Loved the first tip. I wrote you a note on facebook about the poop. It's a common problem.

Anonymous said...

....we have the same poop battle at our house....

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I'm considering buying one of those electric self-cleaning boxes that are supposed to automatically clean the box as soon as the cat leaves. Anyone have any experience with these?

Claudya Martinez said...

Thank you for the clogged drain tip.

Mamí♥Picture said...

I had a chihuahua and had that same problem. He was missing a nutrient that it can be found on the charcoal. They sell tablets at PestSmart and they do work well at least for my dog.
Hope that helps =)

Rebecca @Freaky Frugalite said...

Oooo that first tip is perfect!! I will remember it.

My beagle eats cat litter and poop that she finds. It's absolutely disgusting. I guess dogs will be dogs.... I have no idea how to stop the dog from doing it. Just another reason why I love cats!

Post a Comment