Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Sharing: He Knows My Thoughts

For my scripture highlight this week from my quiet times, I chose John 2:25 which says:
He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man. (NIV)


No one had to tell him what people were like. He already knew. (Contemporary English version)

He did not need anyone to tell him about people. Jesus knew what was in a person's mind. (ICB)

This verse follows after Jusus' first miracle in Cana when he turned water to wine at the wedding and then cleansed the temple. Many people believed because of the miracle he did at the wedding. If find it so amazing that God knows our thoughts. I wonder if he tunes in to certain individual's thoughts or if all the thoughts of all the people in the world bombard him at once. It just boggles my mind to think about how great God is and how much he knows!

Now it's your turn.  Share in the comments a something you read in scripture this week that stood out to you.

Share this:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My homework in the Precept Study on Revelation this week has been quite a challenge. I am supposed to render each chapter (4 - 22) in picture format. So far, I am on Chpt. 7. It really works to help visualize the content and now, I can see the angles, the 4 creatures and 24 elders, everyone on earth and all the sea creatures worshipping and praising God the Father, and Jesus the Son in heaven. I have come up with a question: we ask God to bless people. In Revelation, people and angels are blessing God. I am wondering how that works. hmmm....
Rosemary

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Thanks for sharing about your Revelation study! Maybe it's like just giving God reverence and worship, kind of like the song "Blessed be The Name."

Kara said...

I just started Beth Moore's bible study on Daniel this week. There's a bunch of us studying it together. It's always been a book that is hard for me to understand, so I've been excited and apprehensive both. But Beth did a great job explaining it for me in her first DVD so I think it just might be exactly what I need. Daniel's faith and constancy amaze me. How he stood strong while surrounded by those who didn't understand his faith is incredible! I can't wait for Tuesday evenings now! :)

Post a Comment