Friday, February 8, 2013

7 Friday Fragments


Friday Fragments is hosted my Half-Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. Here we go:

Domestic Violence

According to Sports Illustrated, when a favored home NFL team loses, there is an 8% increase in domestic battery Men take losing hard and take it out on their wives. That is why when Gerard watches his teams, I watch upstairs and he watches in his basement man cave. I know to stay out of his way! (He never hit me, but he does yell a lot and throw things sometimes.)

Mail

As of August 1, the post office will discontinue mail delivery on Saturdays. Who cares?  I think it's nice the mailmen and mailwomen will get Saturdays off.  (I first saw this on Twitter--where I find most of my news!)

Monopoly Tokens

In the voting for replacing one of the Monopoly tokens, a cat will be the new token that replaces the iron which is exactly what I voted for! Hurray! Now if only the political candidates I vote for would win!  Read all about it and see the pictures of all the possible new tokens at Ding Dong The Iron Is Dead over at It's Just Life.


ICE


I think we had the biggest icicle on our street, if not the whole block! I finally knocked this guy down yesterday on my day off without it hitting me in the head!

Metronidazole


After eight days I'm still trying to figure out the best way to squirt the Metronidazole into Spunky Doodle's mouth and I have two days to go yet. Each day got harder, although today did seem to go a little better than yesterday even though I got some on my thumb while trying to hold her. She has to have this because she couldn't keep her soft food down with the powder on it that was first prescribed to get rid of the Giardiasis. I dread going into battle with her every morning at breakfast, but she is very forgiving and still loves me. It tastes very bitter and she absolutely hates it!

Bravery

Abby got a certificate for bravery yesterday when she had her teeth cleaned and had to get a cracked one extracted before it caused more problems. They were amazed at how active she was after waking up from the anesthesia.  Oh, it was quite a day--$930 worth of vet care! We are considering getting pet insurance once again.

Hospital Design of the Year


Help our vet win the 2013 People's Choice Award for Hospital Design of the Year! Go to http://bit.ly/VucnFo and choose BARTELS BUSACK PET HOSPITAL RESORT & SPA for your favorite hospital. Voting ends on March 31st. Thanks for your support!

Share this:

8 comments:

April said...

I don't really mind that the mail will be discontinued on Saturdays. I don't think I'll really miss it, to be honest. Wow...that is a HUGE icicle!

Sandee said...

I've seen a lot of domestic violence when I was working. Sometimes the woman died and then it was homicide. People are crazy sometime. It's a shame.

Have a terrific weekend. :)

Sparkle said...

I wish I had a solution for you regarding the Metronidazole, but I've had it too, and yes, it is very hard to get down! It is just vile stuff and we kitties hate it.

Kay said...

I hope your vet wins!!

Giving pets medicine is so hard. I have had one dog who could care less what I do to him and we had a boxer once who cared very much what I did to her ;-)

Hubby sees a lot of domestic abuse in the military. It's disgusting to take you anger out on another human being :-(

BeadedTail said...

Domestic violence is just horrible. No one who is supposed to love you should hurt you and especially not over a football game! Thankfully my husband doesn't have a temper. Poor Spunky! Isabella has to have pain meds that soak into her gums so we're trying to figure out how to do that too. Poor Abby too! Hope she feels better! Aren't vets expensive? Isabella's surgery today cost $622 today and the bloodwork to get ready for today was $255. Crazy!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Vet care is very expensive, but they do have to go through lots of training. Hope Isabelle is okay. I have to take Manny in today so hope he at least doesn't have any problems. I'm afraid they're going to tell me he needs his teeth cleaned again.

Jackie said...

I grew up in a home filled with domestic violence. Alcohol was my dad's trigger.

That's a huge icicle. I definitely agree with that.

Have you tried gently wrapping your cat in a towel. Make sure all four paws are securely in and then do a quick squirt!

That's the only way we can get our cats to take anything.

Great fragments this week. I hope you have a great weekend! :-)

Mrs4444 said...

I voted :)
The only Monopoly token I remember was always my favorite; the Scotty dog. I'm glad the kitty won out :) What did they have against the iron, though?

An icicle once fell from outside my niece's house and split her upper lip! I'm glad you took care of that widowmaker! :)

Wow--Good job, Abby! And Wow--That's quite a bill :(

Thanks for linking up, Karen. Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment