Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Stress Stats For Your Information

What stresses you out?

According to USA TODAY last week, the issues people are most stressed about are:

(76%) work
(73%) Money
(59%) Relationships
(56%) Family Responsibilities
(55%) Economy

Work is definitely the biggest cause of stress for my hubby, but for me, can you guess what it is? Well, I'd say it's family responsibilities and money such as the doctor and vet appointments. Having to schedule them all the time and taking days off work for them gets to me, plus preparing our tax forms for our accountant, UGH! 

On my day off last week, we spent $1,670 which didn't even involve travel! (Had the Naturestone floor in our laundry room cleaned ($165), finally got our doorknob replaced ($40), picked up my Femara prescription for one month ($531) and Abby had her teeth cleaned and one extracted ($934)).  Manny Boy is due for a teeth cleaning next month! Times sure have changed. When I was a kid, I can't remember my parents ever taking our dog to the vet. This was by in the 60s. Pet insurance back then was unheard of. Today, I actually went online to www.embraceyourpet.com and got a quote. I'm still thinking about it.

Who is more depressed and anxious? Young adults or Older adults? Below is what was reported in USA TODAY:
Ages 48-60:
(12% depression & 7% Anxiety)

Ages 18-33:
(19% depression & 12% Anxiety)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. --Philippians 4:6-7  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. --I Peter 5:7

Young adults are more depressed and anxious than older ones. I am not surprised at this, are you? I think older people are more used to dealing with problems and have their past experience to learn from and know they can get through stuff. Also, for Christians, our faith in God gets stronger over the years so we know how to turn our cares and worries over to God better than when we were younger.

Fortunately, the expenses were all anticipated and that's what our savings is for.  What stresses you out most?

Share this:

4 comments:

Sandee said...

(0%) work
(0%) Money
(0%) Relationships
(0%) Family Responsibilities
(100%) Economy

That says it for me. I've been very worried about the economy for a very long time.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Lin said...

My grandpa used to say "If money can fix it, don't worry about it." And while I don't have a lot of money and that saying used to drive me crazy--he's really right. Just think about it for a bit--problems that can be fixed by throwing money at them are the easy ones. Now...if I can just find all that money!!

We are going through money a lot too. And did you notice the price of gas has skyrocketed??! Ow.

BeadedTail said...

My work has been stressing me out big time this week! Our upcoming bathroom remodel is a little stressful too mainly because it's happening in tax season (great planning huh?) and it's such a huge expense but it'll be worth it.

Kara said...

Money can definitely stress me out. But I seem to notice it most when I have tons of things to do during the week. Whether at home or at work, if there are too many things needing my attention at once and they all have to be done right now, whoooee I get anxious. But God is definitely faithful to remind me to calm down and take a breather. :)

Post a Comment