Monday, January 2, 2012

"War Horse" Will Make You Cry--MUST SEE!





We went to see "War Horse" the day after Christmas and it is as good as the book!  It's really fantastic and we both cried, it was so moving.  You see the horrors of war but yet also the sacrifice for others, love, determination and some funny scenes too!  Great book, great movie!  I didn't notice any bad language in this one, and I appreciated they didn't show separated body parts flying through the air in the war scenes.  We highly recommend it--you should definitely go see this one!

SPOILER ALERTI felt so bad for the poor horse, but it has a happy ending!

See our review of the book: War Horse by Michael Morpurgo

Share this:

4 comments:

Marg said...

Well that is the first good review I have heard. I really don't want to see the movie. I am just not into war movies, especially if there is a horse involved. I like happy movies. Take care.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Thanks for the review but I won't be seeing this movie; in my present state I don't think any movie that makes me cry is a good thing.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

We really liked it. Almost an epic movie... enough angst for good drama, but a satisfactory ending.

Lin said...

I liked it too, but it is definitely not a "feel good" movie like they say in the ads. Criminy, we all came out of there exhausted! I did like that not one person hurt the horses, but gees, so many other things happened to the poor guy! I don't think I would bring children to see this, personally.

Post a Comment