Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Commenting For Charity--Doing It Again

For December, donate 50 cents per legitimate comment on all our blogs to the Cleveland Pregnancy Center for a total of $126. Thank you to all who commented!

I would like to know if the fact that we donated to charities per comment last year actually influenced anyone to comment on our blogs or visit our other blogs. Kindly let us know by leaving a comment on this post if it influenced you. I debated whether or not to do this again this year and in weighing the pros and cons decided that yes, it is a good thing to do and I will do it again.

Last year I discovered several new charities by doing this, including KIVA, Doctors without Borders, Last Hope Cat Kingdom, and Heifer International. I was happy to see that Ann at UP North, Beth Ann at It's Just Life and Mountain Woman at Red Pine Mountain joined me in doing this last year. If you choose to do it with your blog, please let me know.

My First loan--Jose in El Salvadore

This month, I will join with Beth Ann over at It's Just Life and give .50 per legitimate comment for loans through KIVA to help poor people change their life.  Last year I made nine loans (two of which have been fully paid back already).  
Share this:

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I definitely leave a comment anyway, because you take the time to write, so I'll take the time to respond...but when I know that you're donating money to charity, Yes, I definitely intentionally leave a comment :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Well you know I comment because of the charitable giving because I got the idea from you! But regardless---I comment because it is a good way to let others know that what they write is important and appreciated! I am excited you are doing KIVA this month!!!

Post a Comment