Monday, January 23, 2012

My Tubes Are Out by Abby

My back sore is still draining but they took the tubes out anyway.  If you look in the holes, you can see inside.

The vet and his staff all came to meet me at the door when I arrived to get the drainage tubes out and were so thrilled that I was walking so well already.  The one nice lady said it's a miracle!  I know we have a awesome God and my mom and dad really believe it was all the prayers that pulled me through.  The vet said my mom and dad did a good job taking care of me.  Most of the holes where the tubes were are dried up except for this back part.  The tubes are out but these aren't all done draining quite yet.  Every time I try to lick back there, my mom and dad stop me and sometimes put the big plastic collar back on me.

My daddy carried me in and out of the van but it wasn't easy.  I don't know how Karen is going to manage on Thursday when she takes me back to get cleaned up.  They have to wait for the holes from the tubes to close so soap doesn't get inside me.  I think I'll be stronger by then and maybe be able to at least get my front paws up and she can just give me a boost.  She tried picking me up tonight like the technician showed her, but said I was heavy and that was when she had lots of room to work, not like getting me in and out of the van.

Watching the Bruins game with Daddy
Gerard was surprised when I trotted along with him when he took me out after work.  He was all thrilled that I made three big poopers too!  I am glad to be home and back on my normal schedule again, except for my long walks.  Hopefully by summer I'll be able to do them again.  The vet gave me permission to go up and down our front steps on my own now so that is good since I would do it whether he said it's okay or not.

I look forward to my bath on Thursday.  Karen is taking the day off because they want me in early in the morning and stay until afternoon to be sure I am dried real good.  The staff there is looking forward to my visit that day.  I am very loved!  Woof!  Woof! 

Head over to Bozo's Pets Forever for more Pet Pride posts or link up yours!

Share this:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Abby!! It has to do with all of the great care that Karen and Gerard are giving!!! I will pray that Thursday is easy for Karen----strength and the fortitude to do what she needs to do to get Abby to the vet and home!!!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hooray for progress!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Yeah for Abby :) :) :) I"m so happy Abby is starting to feel like her normal, cute, super adorable, dog self ;) :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Lin said...

Oh my gosh, Abby. When I see your photos and realize how beat up you are, it just breaks my heart. What a wonderful dog you are and how strong!! You must know that we all love you and pray for you to get better.

I'm sending lots of love and hugs to you all!

BeadedTail said...

Abby, your photos break our hearts but we are very happy you are doing so well! We bet you'll feel really good after getting all those icky smells washed off on Thursday! We're still crossing our paws and sending you lots of purrayers!

Unknown said...

Abby, you brave girl! Hurrah for getting better.
Rosemary

Rebecca Mecomber said...

WOW. I'm so glad Abby is doing SO well SO quickly. God is awesome!!!

CATachresis said...

This is good news! A miracle indeed. I hope Abby continues to progress well.

Daisy said...

Oh Abby, I am so glad you are getting all better!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Aww, get well soon Abby.

Sparkle said...

Paws up, Abby! You are doing amazing, and your humans are taking great care of you!

Abby (the dog) said...

Thanks everyone! I am feeling so much better now!

Post a Comment