Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Good Thing We Had Snow!


The day after New Year’s we were both off work and we had snow. I figured I didn’t have to go out at all so it didn’t bother me, but then in the afternoon, I felt like I should at least go for a walk and get a little exercise in. I joined Gerard and Abby, our dog, for one of their afternoon walks. I made it to the corner of our street and decided it was too cold, so let them continue on without me and I went back to my warm house.



Unfortunately, when I got to the porch I realized that I didn’t have my keys with me. Not intending to go outside, I left them on my dresser that morning. UGH! Well, off I went to track down Gerard and Abby. It actually was kind of fun following their footprints in the fresh snow. They were the only ones there which made it very easy which was good because they always go different ways.



In my desire to catch up quickly before they got too far away, I even ran! This was way more exercise than I planned on having, but was kind of fun. They were pretty far along by the time I caught up, so then I just kept on going along with them for the rest of the walk.


Share this:

4 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

LOL, great story! I have done that many times! One time, my son had to squeeze through a tiny window to get in.

Yep, good thing you had snow! LOL

Ann in the UP said...

Karen, the Intrepid Tracker! Good thing you're in such good shape!

BeadedTail said...

At least it turned out you had a nice walk once you caught up to them! Sounds like you got the most exercise though!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

@Ann, love that -- Karen the Intrepid Tracker!

I remember sometimes going for a walk when it was either extreme cold or extreme hot, I would tell Dave on the way out the door what route I was taking in case I didn't come back. He'd know where to find me lying on the side of the road :)

Post a Comment