Monday, July 31, 2023

Who's Sending Me Flowers?

When I saw the flower delivery truck pull into my driveway, my first thought was who would be sending me pretty flowers?  My husband used to surprise me with flowers often, but once we got married, he realized I'd rather not spend our money on flowers that only last about a week.  Plus, Spunky Doodle, our cat used to chew on the leaves all the time and then throw up.  I didn't really think they were from him, but would have never been able to guess who they were from.  Want to take a guess?  They were from Sarah at Chewy!  Here is what the card said:

Losing such a big part of your family is never easy.  We're thinking of you in this difficult time.

                              Sending you love, Sarah and Your Chewy Family 

Spunky Doodle
It was a very nice gesture but even more of a surprise since we didn't have any pet death recently.  Spunky Doodle had to be put down almost two years ago, September of 2021.  I don't know why they thought we recently lost a pet.  It had my name and address on it, so it wasn't just delivered to the wrong place.  But, thank you, Chewy anyway!  It was a nice surprise.  

Bear


Bear, our current cat, just sniffed at them a little bit and then walked away and left them alone.  I had them on the dining room table to get some morning sun while we were at church on Sunday, and then moved them up to my den for afternoon sun and closed the door just in case Bear jumped up on the table.  He generally doesn't go in there unless I am in there though.  He's such a good cat!

Other similar posts you might like:

Spunky Doodle Crosses Rainbow Bridge at 17

Why We Don't Have Flowers on Our Table

0 comments:

Post a Comment