Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Looking Forward to Soccer Camp at The Church at West Creek

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings this week, The Church at West Creek is sponsoring a mini soccer camp for ages 5-13.  I am looking forward to helping with this especially because it will be my first children's ministry experience at this church.  I am kind of anxious to see how this one compares to the other sports camp experiences I've had at Parma Heights Baptist Church.  

Most of the campers are from the community and are pre-registered.  We are expecting 30 - 40 kids so check-in time is only 10 minutes.  They can start kicking the ball around as soon as they are checked in and then they'll be divided into two groups as evenly as possible by age.  Each day they'll have about 40 minutes to do four different drills.  At 7:00 they will get a light meal and a devotional with a gospel presentation.  After that, they will have a scrimmage game for about 20 minutes before pickup time at 8:00 p.m.  

I will be helping with set-up, registration and the meal so right there my role is different than in the past.  This camp is evening instead of morning or afternoon, and it's only three days instead of five days.  Obviously, it's only the one sport as opposed to 4-6 sports going on all at once.  They don't have any giveaways, but give the kids a meal instead of just snacks.  Everyone will be together for the devotional time.  The rain plan is to play in the rain as long as it's not thundering or lightening.  The forecast looks good though so hopefully it will be dry!  I think it will be a great time!  Still time to register ahead at TheChurchatWestcreek.org.

What are you looking forward to?     

Related Posts About Previous Sport Camp Experiences you might enjoy:

We Need a Vacation to Recover from Vacation

Soccer is Harder Than I Thought

Sunday Sharing:  How To Avoid Becoming Useless

On Vacation--Sports Camp

Being Flexible

Things I Learned This Week of Sports Camp

Share a Photo That Best Represents Your June

1 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I bet you'll have a fun time and I'm sure the kids will too!

Post a Comment