Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Come on Over!

Friends from the Sr. Center, Gary, Phillis and Mary Ellen

It's been quite awhile since we had company.  Before I got married, I used to have the youth group from church over every week just to hang out after the Sunday night service, but that was a very long time ago.  A few weeks ago, the sermon at church was on I Peter 4:7-11 which included a verse on hospitality which says:  Welcome people into your home and don't grumble about it. (contemporary English version)  The NIV puts it this way:  Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

I tried to think of who I could invite to come.  The Sr. Center would be closed for Juneteenth, Monday, June 19, which is normally when a group gathers for Pinochle.  I thought I could manage that size group, the most we ever had was 16, but normally it's been running 12 or fewer.  The Friday before, I invited everyone to come play at my house that day hoping that at least two would come.  Actually, three came so we were able to play 4-handed on the front porch which was nice because it was a warm, sunny day with a slight breeze.  My husband was kind enough to take our picture and we had a nice afternoon together.  

I hope to have this again some time and maybe some more could make it.  I'm trying to come up with what other small groups I could invite to come.  Leave a comment below telling how you show hospitality and who you invite to your home.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment