Friday Fragments is hosted by Half Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post. I have a few this week:
|One of my new toys.|
- We attended a beautiful Christmas Eve service at Parma Heights Baptist Church with traditional carols, candle lighting and only an hour long. I really enjoy the traditional Christmas carols and it seems we hear them less and less. I was surprised to find out some of the fifth grade boys never heard of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."
- We had a very good Christmas with both of us getting lots of nice things from the other. We both love to shop for each other (even though I am hard to buy for) so opened gifts throughout the day.
- I was very pleased with myself that I was actually able to assemble the reading lamp I bought for Gerard! If I had known I would have to assemble it, I probably would not have bought it.
- Christmas morning, after opening a few presents, we went to the West Creek park with Abby. Even though it was pretty cold, we dressed warm and enjoyed walking in the peace and quiet, with a thin covering of snow all around--good thing I wore my boots. It looks very different in the winter!
- Along with some very attractive and comfortable clothes, we also got some cool "toys" and gadgets which I will share about in separate upcoming posts.
- Our cats had a disappointing Christmas this year--no tree, no special food (because Spunky has a very sensitive stomach) and no cat nip. We did get them the Meow cat toy that is battery operated with the little thing that spins around under a plastic crinkly cover for $20, but neither of them thought much of it so I returned it. Our cats just like the simple pleasures of bags, boxes, string, ping pong balls and other household items.
- Abby got special treats though so she was quite happy!
- We watched a couple cute Christmas movies, finished up our ongoing checker game which ended in a draw, and enjoyed a relaxing day with our pets getting some reading in.
- The day before we got our new garage door opener and now have keys to disengage it in case of a power failure--I can actually open it by hand very easily now!
|After about 2 min, I'm done|
|Trying to get my treats out of the tiny bag.|