So, you think you know the first Christmas story? See how you do with this quiz I am using in my Sunday School Class today:
1) This month's special holiday is ________.
2) Who is the Messiah?
3) What are the four names given to the Messiah in Isaiah 9:6?
4) According to Isaiah, why was God going to send the Savior?
5) Who would be the Savior's most famous earthly ancestor?
6) According to the prophet Micah, in what town would the Savior be born?
7) Shortly before the Savior was born, people wondered WHEN He would be born. God revealed this secret to someone. Who was the first person God told?
8) True or false? Jesus was born in a manger.
9) On the night Jesus was born, some people were outside in the dark. Who were they and what were they doing?
10) When Jesus was 40 days old, Mary and Joseph took him to the Temple to dedicate him. They also took an offering. What was their offering?
11) Two people saw Jesus in the Temple: an elderly man and an elderly woman. What were their names?
12) How many wise men came to see Jesus in the stable?
Click "read more" below for answers:
3. Wonderful counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (score 1 pt. each)
4. God loves us (Is. 53:6, John 3:16)
5. David (Jeremiah 23:5)
6. Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)
7. Mary (Luke 1:30-32)
8. False - He was BORN in a stable and LAID in a manger (Luke 2:7)
9. Shepherds (Luke 2:8)
10. 2 pigeons (Luke 2:24)
11. Simeon and Anna (Luke 2:25-26 and 2:36-38)
12. zero - they came into a HOUSE - by the time they arrived, he was gone from the stable (Matthew 2:1-2 and 11)
So how did you do? Score one point for each correct answer.