Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Warning: A Tip For Parents

Kids like toys. In fact, when I was a kid, my grandma gave my mom some money and told her to buy something I'd like from grandma. What did my mom buy? Well, she thought I needed a new dress and although I didn't like dresses which she knew, she thought if it came from grandma, I would like it. WRONG! I was 5 or 6 and when I opened it I said, "Just what I didn't want!" My mom was all embarrassed and my grandma told her, "I said to get her something she would like!"


wendy said...

You are very right, Karen! Kids love getting toys as presents.

I hated getting clothes as gifts as well when i was a kid. I thought it was very boring.

Merry Christmas to you and your entire family! *hugs*

Mountain Woman said...

The honesty of children :)

I never wanted clothes when I was younger either and looked forward to presents from the grandparents as being something special so I can totally relate to you.

Happy, blessed Christmas Eve!

Kim said...

Have a great holiday Karen. Have fun on your eight days off!

Daisy said...

Cats like toys, too.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Cindy said...

Funny story, Karen! You were a little smart aleck, huh? Just kidding! :)

My m-i-l and grand m-i-l sent some money for the kids, and we bought them an electric keyboard/piano (which we had been wanting them to have anyway...) They seem to like it - they've been banging away all day! Oh my head!!!!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm glad to see I wasn't alone in this. Good job, Cindy, for getting something your kids like with money from the m-i-l.

Post a Comment