Sunday, January 25, 2015

Figure Skating Pairs - Great Athleticism!


Shibutanis (sister/brother)

I happened to watch the U.S. Figure Skating Nationals yesterday and really enjoyed seeing the pairs  (I started watching late so missed the singles).  I was mesmerized by the athleticism involved in this ice skating event!  Some of the moves they do I couldn't even do on the floor of my living room!  I thought it was quite spectacular and also enjoyed most of the music that went along with their routines.  The two pairs I liked best came in second and fourth.  I was rooting for the brother/sister team, Alex and Maia Shibutani, because they did part of their program to a Strauss Waltz that was beautiful!  Hawayak and Baker was the other pair that I really liked a lot because not only were they doing impressive moves, but they looked like they were really enjoying it too! 

See photos of Alex and Maia Shibutani.

See interview with Hawayek and Baker.

Did you watch yesterday?

Share this:

3 comments:

Sandee said...

And the agility. I've always loved watching figure skaters. So graceful.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I didn't even know they were on. I usually watch the skating when the Winter Olympics are on. Sometimes they make me nervous.

Gattina said...

I didn't watch, but I love these Figure skating too !

Post a Comment