Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Laugh A Lot--Stay Healthy!

It always makes me smile when the researches make "new" discoveries that God has already long before included in His Word--The Bible. Today is a good example in THE PLAIN DEALER on health: "Doctors say you really can laugh your way to better health."

God's word says in Proverbs 17:22: A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.

I love to laugh. In fact, it was one of the reasons I was attracted to my husband in the first place--he has a knack for making me laugh. My dad made me laugh too because of the funny things he used to do.

When my cat was a kitten, she would do something just about every day that made me laugh. If you want to laugh every day, get at kitten!

I don't read all the comics, in fact I skip most of them, but I do generally chuckle at Family Circus, Garfield, Peanuts, and Hagar.

As far as TV shows go, these are the ones that make us laugh: Everybody Loves Raymond, The Bachelor, Wife Swap and Moment of truth all make us laugh and sometimes Seinfeld.

Funny emails that people forward to me make me laugh.

For a funny post about her teenage son entitled "Dude, Where's My Son" go to http://jackiepapandrew.pnn.com/. She also has another blog as well called "Airing Dirty Laundry, the Blog" at http://www.jackiepapandrew.blogspot.com/.

Go to cleveland.com/healthfit and cleveland.com/medical for health news you can use.

4 comments:

Jules said...

My husband and I laugh all the time. I swear we talk on the phone at least one time a day while we are at work.

Almost every time he makes me laugh. We even laugh at the most in-opportune times!! (blush)

Laughing is good for the heart for sure!!

Great post, thanks for sharing!!
Jules

The Success said...

Thanks to add comment in my blog
I like your post
I like laugh ... :)

Success for you

Liz said...

so true, laughing makes you healthy and feel young too. great post. :)

a simple life

Viveca said...

Right on! I have been doing a lot of study on this topic i.e. the health benefits of laughter and on the health benefits of friendship, pets and smiles. It is AMAZING stuff.

I want to find one of those laugh clubs and experience that as well.

Thanks for the topic. :)
Viveca

Post a Comment