A Place For All My Books is a fairly light game that is easy to teach but yet challenging. Each player starts in their apartment and tries to complete little projects that involve resorting their books. Each action they take, read a book, sort, gather, rest, admire gets allows them to charge up their "social battery" to get enough energy to go to town to get more books and other neat stuff that gives end game points. Every trip to town brings the game closer to the end. There are also three major accomplishment projects that all players race to finish first for more points. Each completed little project is two points and each book in the apartment is worth one point.
So far I have taught 5 people to play this game and all have liked it. A few even wanted to play it again right away. This game can be for gamers as well as casual board gamers. It's theme of being a book nerd is very well done, and the mechanics are fairly simple. Yet, there is strategy involved such as how can I complete more projects and a time to make my admire action most efficient? Should I go to town now or wait a bit longer to get more social battery energy? Should I make that last trip to town to get more books or neat stuff to end the game, or just stay home and do more little projects? Which project should I do next? Should I focus on the major accomplishments, or just my little projects? Can I manage both somehow? Is the neat stuff card showing worth the cost, or should I just pick one from off the pile sight unseen for less?
This game also has a solo mode that I enjoyed playing. It's a good way to learn the game and there are 5 levels that each get a bit more difficult.
I highly recommend this game. I like the artwork, the ease of learning, the quick set up and the challenge in this game. I also like the opportunity to collect board games for lots of points and get cats to help get extra end game points as well.
So, who wants to come play this with me? If you have played it, what did you think of it?

0 comments:
Post a Comment