Saturday, March 27, 2021

My Poor Spunky Doodle


My old cat, Spunky Doodle is having a tough time these days.  This month, she's been throwing up once a week, which isn't all that unusual for her.  She used to throw up way more often than that; however, today it looks like she threw up a little blood.  I heard her throw up sound early this morning so got up to see where it was but couldn't find anything.  About a half hour later, I definitely heard it again so got up again and still didn't see anything.  At breakfast time, she did it again and that's when I was able to catch it in a plastic lid and saw what usually looks clear looked a bit red.  Usually, after she makes a throw up she'll eat some after about 30 minutes, but not today.  She ate pretty normal yesterday, but nothing so far today.  

That's a first and I am afraid she's seeing her last days.  She is only 2 months away from her 17th birthday so is 84 in human years according to the cat age converter calculator I found.  We brought her to our home as a little kitten.  She was born feral at my dad's house.  She's had arthritis in her hip and back legs for quite some time so I brought her litter box downstairs hand set up everything she needs in our computer room so she doesn't have to climb the stairs.  I noticed she was only using her box once a day and thought it may be because she didn't want to do the stairs.  It appears I was right about that because since I brought it down, she uses it several times a day.  

I'm going to see if she eats anything today, and if not, will get her to the vet, maybe for the last time.

Share this:

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, she needs to see a Vet sooner that later, could be a GI bug. Purrs from all of us.

Summer said...

I am sending lots of purrs to Spunky. I hope what is going on is not serious, but at her age, you don't know until the vet sees her.

Karen and Gerard said...

Good news, Spunky ate during the night without throwing up. I gave her a little at a time and she successfully has eaten today without anymore vomiting. Thanks for your concern!

Post a Comment