Thursday, September 17, 2015

Ever Make a Mistake at Work?

I'm sure anyone who has ever held a job has made a mistake at work at some point, but I'm betting it wasn't broadcasted on the media and posted on the Internet with a video for the whole world to know about it.  Aren't you glad?  I am.

That is why I felt so bad for the Indians guy who mistakenly set off the fireworks when the other team scored a homerun.  I'm sure he felt bad enough without being booed by the fans!  As if that wasn't enough for all the people there to know about it, CBS Sports (and perhaps others) did a story about it.  I saw this on Facebook when I read my husband's page who shared it.

Where is the compassion?  I do not think this was news worthy.  By doing a story about this and spreading it on the Internet to me seems very cruel and mean.  No one is perfect, and this certainly didn't hurt anyone and was not a life or death situation.  It did cost the Indians the extra expense of the fireworks, but other than that, no damage was done. 

I am purposely not posting the link in this post because as I said, I feel bad for this man and don't want to give the original article any more attention.  

How do you feel about this?

Share this:

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I don't find a lot of compassion anywhere anymore. Hubby and I were talking the other day about all the anger that seems to be rampant.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Lin said...

Oh no! The poor guy. It's like the guy who scores a basket or goal for the other team. :( Ugh.

I think everyone posts this stuff now because they are relieved it wasn't them that made the mistake. It's awful. It's nice that you didn't post it--I'm sure he feels horrible enough.

Zoe said...

I feel bad too, but that the power of social media and internet nowadays. Hopefully, the guy can move on.

Post a Comment