Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Fragments


Friday Fragments is hosted by Half Past Kissin' Time for bloggers to post a list of short things on their minds that aren't really enough for a whole post.

MRI Done

I had my first MRI ever this week. I had no clue what it would entail so asked my surgeon and he said, it uses magnetism and takes a better picture than the mammogram. Well, first they inject dye into you which they couldn't do the first time I went because my veins were too small in my left arm. When I had my lumpectomy done five years ago on my right breast, don't ever let anyone take your blood pressure, vaccinate you, or take blood or poke you in your right arm. Always use your left. Now all of a sudden, my surgeon says "It's a small risk, go ahead and let them use your right arm if they have to." Well, the technician really liked my vein in my right arm and got the dye in the first try with no problem--it didn't hurt at all!

I had to lay still on my stomach though for half an hour. I never lay on my stomach so wasn't exactly comfortable but I managed. Then she game me headphones to help drown out the loud noise. It really was LOUD and sounded like a jack hammer pounding right in my ears. She added some music but that didn't help-it just made it even more annoying! I was relieved it was over and I was out of there in an hour, but by the time I went to bed, I had a headache and woke up with it. Not sure if it was from the loud banging noise in my ears for so long or just from all the stress. I actually took an Advil and totally skipped my morning computer time and laid down instead! Even my husband asked me what was wrong.

Reading

I actually missed my bus stop coming home twice this week and not just by one stop, but by 3 or 4! It still wasn't too far a walk home but the first time, I was reading my book and just couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so tired. The second day, I was engrossed reading the same book (REVEALED by Tamera Alexander)and missed it again.

Cleveland Indians

My Indians are now officially out of the playoffs but they had a good season and hung in to the end. I'm hoping the Browns can put some wins together this year and win over half their games. They are 1 for 3 but each game went right down to the end.

Sunday School

So far I have six kids in my 5th grade Sunday School class and am loving it! They are SO good and all are really trying to learn the memory passage (Proverbs 3:3-7) which is one of my favorite passages. One of the boys quoted it all last week and one girl stayed after to try learning it all--it was the first time she came! I found exactly the prizes I had in mind at Walmart: candy, cookies, munchies at $1.00 each. I was thrilled because when I looked for these things at Giant Eagle, I couldn't find them.

Share this:

6 comments:

retired not tired said...

I used to miss my bus stops when I was reading as well. Our baseball team didn't make it either.

Cathy said...

I hope all the results are good from your MRI. Good for you for getting your kids to learn Bible verses. They will help them throughout their lives.

Sandee said...

I've had an MRI and I hope not to have to do that again. It's loud and then some. I hope you have great results. Sorry about that headache though.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. ☺

Joanna Jenkins said...

When I used to take the train into NYC for work I was always glad Grand Central Station was the last stop so I'd wake up. And going home-- same thing, my stop was the end of the line. I always fell asleep.

Hope your MRI results turned out to be perfectly fine. And there is nothing better than a very experienced person inserting needles into veins. Makes all the difference int he world.

Happy Friday Fragmanets!

Mary said...

When I had an MRI, they suggested that I bring in a cd so I could listen to my own music. It really calmed me, and I came close to falling asleep. Hope the results are encouraging.

Lori said...

Hope everything turns out well with your MRI. They are unnerving! I bet the kids loved their little prizes. Teaching Sunday School must be fun. You probably hear some pretty funny stuff. "Out of the mouths of babes..."

Post a Comment