Monday, June 9, 2014

Spunky Doodle's Into Mischief Again: Attacking the Dog Food Bag

After a very frustrating work day, I see a big rip in the brand new dog food bag.  Even with it inside the cupboard, somehow Spunky managed to get to it, tear it open and have herself a snack!  I'm hoping she got to it because my hubby didn't have it closed all the way after he fed Abby.  How do I know it was Spunky you ask.

Well, because every day she jumps up on the counter trying to get some dog food as I get it ready for Abby for the next day.  I load up Abby's Kong and puzzle toy for breakfast, then put some in a ziploc baggie for her supper the next day.
Maybe if you fed me more often, I wouldn't have to go on a food hunt every day.
Oh, and the day after the bag was ripped, the litter box had a big long tootsie roll deposit in it.  One day last week I picked her up off the counter and put her down on the floor or the kitchen table at least 12 times and she kept jumping back up.  I had to laugh because she was so persistent, she wore me down and I finally gave in and worked around her. 

Of course, when I wanted her to do it again when my hubby was ready with the video camera, she wouldn't do it.  Cooperating is not her strong suit, but she has other endearing qualities--she's so cute!


 Joining the Monday Mischief blog hop.

Share this:

8 comments:

Lin said...

She's bored. I think it was the thrill of the hunt.

We have Sammy the Weiner Dog coming tomorrow. That's always fun because he eats the cat food and they eat his. It's madness trying to keep everyone on their diets!

Sandee said...

Well, she wants what she wants when she wants it.

I had to laugh over the long tootsie roll comment.

Have a fabulous Monday. ☺

BeadedTail said...

We think it was very nice of her to help open the bag for you to get Abby's food out easier. Just sayin.

Sparkle said...

Spunky is a very resourceful kitty - and smart!

Unknown said...

Callie that Cat rips her bag open all the time too! Have an amazing Monday! ;)

Karen said...

Lin: I think you are right about Spunky being bored. I think I'll go play with her right now.

Sandee: It seems Spunky is always looking for food!

Beaded Tail: Thanks for giving me a new perspective! I never thought about it that way.

Sparkle: Spunky says thank you. That is a high compliment coming from you!

Spencer: Spunky says thanks for letting me know she's not the only cat who does this.

Gattina said...

I am not surprised ! I call our Arthur a garbage bag, because he steals wherever he can ! He even managed to unwrap a package of cookies !

Snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Hey Spunky

And persistence clearly pays off buddy!

Keep up the great mischief,

Your pal Snoopy :)

Post a Comment