Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Survived My Oral Surgeon Trip--Hurray!

I survived my Dentist visit with less pain than anticipated. The surgeon was very quick about it although kept saying I don't feel a thing when I started making noises. He thought it was funny that the back of the tooth was stuck--I didn't didn't think it was one bit funny! Most of the tooth was already gone. He just kept pushing on it and it did hurt some but not to the extent that I had expected. The good news is they sent me off on my merry way and said I did not need to come back.

However, I was only supposed to bite down on gauze to stop the bleeding for about an hour and her I kept changing it and bit down on it for an hour and 45 min. Oops! No wonder my jaw is somewhat sore now. I did use a cold pack on it for 20 min. as soon as I got home to keep the swelling down. I Haven't noticed any yet so that's good. I watched old reruns of "I love Lucy" and "Who's The Boss" on TV Land with the pets. I didn't feel much like doing anything so took a nap with my dog. Manny visited us too. I finally decided to post this around 4:30. Oh, and I forgot my vitamins so guess I'll take them now.

I was told do drink water, stay away from anything hot and stick with cold things to eat and avoid things that could get stuck in my teeth. I had yogurt and ice cream for lunch. No rinsing today but tomorrow I am supposed to rinse every 2-3 hours with salt water according to my instructions. Now I don't know if I should take off tomorrow from work too or not. I also have to chew on the other side for a day or two.

In a couple days, he said I won't even notice I had a tooth taken out. I sure hope he's right about that!

Related post is just before this one: I'm Afraid--Dentist Is Going To Hurt Me!

Tweet This Tweet Me from Karen & Gerard Zemek

8 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm happy things worked out better than you anticipated. I had all four of my wisdom teeth at the same time. I know I'm a glutton for punishment. In about three days I couldn't tell I had them pulled so your dentist is telling you the truth.

Have a terrific day. :)

BeadedTail said...

Glad everything went well! Dentists are pretty painless these days but that still doesn't make them fun to visit. Hope it heals up quickly!

Daisy said...

I'm glad that's over with and you are on the mend. I think you should stay home today and eat ice cream and rest.

Rebecca said...

Hurray! God took care of you, didn't He? :D

I've had 6 teeth removed... not fun. But better than the botched root canal I had! I'm glad you are resting. The cats get an extra treat, too, from your quiet time with them!

Mike Golch said...

you got featured over at BlogTrotting,just thought you'ld like to know.

Mike Golch said...

Oh I forgot to tell you I had to have a tooth pulled on Monday.

Karen and Gerard said...

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words!

Mike: Blogtrotting asked me to do a post about Cleveland which will be up Thursday. I better get it up quick!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Yeah...I'm glad you made it out okay :) :) :) Yes, you'll feel better in a couple of days!!! Did you end up taking an extra day off from work? Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Post a Comment