Monday, August 16, 2021

Bad Dog!

Biggest Bruise I ever had--thanks, Roxy!

Had an adventurous walk Saturday morning with our dog--went all the way to Brookpark, then over to W. 54th and home. Roxy rolled on some weeds that were just sprayed with weed killer on Brookpark, then pulled me over face first when she ran after doing a roll on some wet grass and had her leash between her legs. I let up on the leash a bit because I didn't want Roxy getting hurt, but then I got hurt instead
(At least she did stop after I fell down)! Fortunately, just scraped my left knee and bruised my right upper leg because I had keys in my pocket that I fell hard on--stupid keys! Mostly I fell on the grass which was good! She is very strong and I hadn't braced myself enough to stay up.

A lady driving by stopped to make sure I was all right. My husband told her I needed a ride home but she was on her way to work. Another guy stopped too and was going to call an ambulance but I was able to get up on my own and could walk so told him I didn't need one.

I was able to walk the rest of the way home in pain (about 40 min.). The whole walk took 2 hrs. and 15 min. We washed off Roxy when we got home and I put Bactine and ice on my wounds. My knee wasn't hurting at all when I got home, but now it is a little. My upper leg hurt more but feels okay when I rub it. Praise God didn't break anything!!!! Went to Urgent Care in afternoon to make sure because had big dark bruise by 4:00. Now Gerard knows how I feel when he falls. Don't think we'll be doing this walk again!
Sorry mom, didn't mean to hurt you!


Share this:

2 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's some bruise and I'm sure glad you are doing okay, pretty scary!

Summer said...

Ouch! I hope it heals fast and well.

Post a Comment