Saturday, September 16, 2017

Windians Are So Much Fun to Watch - Let's Go Tribe, All the Way This Year!

I took a day off work to go to the Cleveland Indians game with my husband on the day they broke the American League Record for most wins in a row.  It was a great game with lots of fun things:  the KC Royals catcher and manager got thrown out, a pitched ball hit the umpire in the shoulder and knocked him down, a hard batted ball cam back to our pitcher who caught it but then fell over on his butt and lost the ball, the outfield sprinklers came on during the game (apparently someone forgot to turn off the timer for the day game).  Fans were all friendly and in a good mood, it seemed like a playoff atmosphere.

We had Club Seats that include all the free food you can eat thanks to my place of employment (one of the perks).  I chowed down with 1 cheeseburger, 3 fries, two slices of cheese pizza, 3 slices of blueberry dessert pizza, 3 ice cream bars and popcorn which I was sort of forced into.  Several containers were sitting out for people to take and as we walked by, my husband took a hand full from one of them.  I told him he couldn't do that because no one wants some stranger's hand in their popcorn and they expect a full one too.  So, I took the one he started and we shared it.

Then the next game was sold out and the Indians continued their winning streak to 22 in dramatic fashion, with a walk-off win!  Like Tom Hamilton said, "Someone wins the World Series every year but no other team in the American League has won 22 straight!"

Love the tribe!  Hopefully, this will be our year to win the World Series!  Their winning streak came to an end last night with a score of 4-3, but watching the crowd afterward, you would have thought they won.  It was a great moment when the fans gave them a standing ovation and the team came out and tipped their hats to the crowd.  See it here:  Fans Salute Tribe After Record Streak Ends

Share this:

2 comments:

Nana said...

Great blog Karen! Nice perks from a great job. Loving my team as usual and they don't disappoint...it's been a thrilling season. BTW- how can you eat SO much����

Karen and Gerard said...

Sheri, thanks for taking time to comment here! Eating is not a problem for me at all when the food is so good! I usually eat the same stuff every week so when I go somewhere with food different from what I usually eat, I chow down.

Post a Comment